Susan Lucci: 'It Hurts Me to Hear' Rumors of 'All My Children' Cancellation
You know 'All My Children' star Susan Lucci as Erica Kane -- but you don't know the actress herself, which is why she chose to write her memoir 'All My Life.'
"It's the first book I've ever written. I've been a private person my whole career and never really thought a book was something I was going to do," she tells PopEater.
Lucci reveals that everyone will "be surprised by everything [in the book], since I never talked about my personal life."
And what about those rumors about ABC planning to cancel 'Children'? "It hurts me to hear those," she says.
"The rumors are not coming from ABC. I just have been very enthusiastically told how much they love my story line that I just begun working on, and I just was given my schedule into next year," the actress adds.
A source close to the long-running soap opera told TVSquad that the series might be canceled soon, due to lagging ratings.
One possible reason no one watches soaps anymore? Reality TV. "I think reality shoes are much less expensive to produce," the actress says, while providing a similar kind of entertainment.
'Children' has been airing since 1970 with Lucci as one of the flagship characters.
And as a former 'Dancing With the Stars' contestant, the Emmy winner assures us she is still watching the show, and thinks Ralph Macchio will take home the mirror ball trophy. "He's really good and he's so charming."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Celeb Sightings: Julie Bowen Decorates Gingerbread Houses with Kids
- John Legend: "I Wasn't Like 'This Is the Woman I'm Going to Marry'" When I First Met Chrissy Teigen
- Lea Thompson Reflects on Famous Back to the Future Role, Watching Movie Debut With Ex-Fiance Dennis Quaid in 1985
- Separate Bedrooms, Separate Lives? Scott Disick Admits He & Kourtney Kardashian ?Haven't Slept Together In 5 Years'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'Penguins of Madagascar' hatches light family fun
- 'Jurassic World' trailer debuts: Chris Pratt vs. hybrid dinos!
- Wait, They're Friends?! Prince Harry and Tyrese Snap a Selfie While Partying Together in Abu Dhabi
- Mila Kunis Looks Fit and Fabulous Less Than Two Months After Giving Birth to Baby Wyatt—Take a Look!
- Katie Holmes Enjoys Malibu Lunch Date With Her Mom and Dad: See the Cute Family Photo!