Susan Lucci: 'It Hurts Me to Hear' Rumors of 'All My Children' Cancellation
You know 'All My Children' star Susan Lucci as Erica Kane -- but you don't know the actress herself, which is why she chose to write her memoir 'All My Life.'
"It's the first book I've ever written. I've been a private person my whole career and never really thought a book was something I was going to do," she tells PopEater.
Lucci reveals that everyone will "be surprised by everything [in the book], since I never talked about my personal life."
And what about those rumors about ABC planning to cancel 'Children'? "It hurts me to hear those," she says.
"The rumors are not coming from ABC. I just have been very enthusiastically told how much they love my story line that I just begun working on, and I just was given my schedule into next year," the actress adds.
A source close to the long-running soap opera told TVSquad that the series might be canceled soon, due to lagging ratings.
One possible reason no one watches soaps anymore? Reality TV. "I think reality shoes are much less expensive to produce," the actress says, while providing a similar kind of entertainment.
'Children' has been airing since 1970 with Lucci as one of the flagship characters.
And as a former 'Dancing With the Stars' contestant, the Emmy winner assures us she is still watching the show, and thinks Ralph Macchio will take home the mirror ball trophy. "He's really good and he's so charming."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Misty Upham's Father Charles Slams Auburn Police: "She Could've Been Alive, We Could've Resuscitated Her"
- Bryan Cranston Responds to Florida Mom's Petition Against Breaking Bad Dolls, Jokes He's Going to Burn His "Florida Mom Action Figure"
- Dakota Johnson, Mom Melanie Griffith Look Like Twins, Have Adorable Mother-Daughter Moment -- See the Picture
- A Mother's Desperate Plea: Teresa Giudice Begs Judge To Lock Her Up In Connecticut Near Daughters, After Hiring New Lawyer
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Country music group Little Big Town put in top-notch effort on new album
- Tori Spelling Briefly Quarantined After Being Hospitalized for Bronchitis, Sinus Infection
- Taylor Swift and Jamie Oliver Parody ''Shake It Off,'' Sing "Bake It Off"—Watch Now!
- Brie Bella's Dolce & Gabbana Teen Choice Awards Outfit and More Total Divas Styles—Get the Hot Looks!