Alec Baldwin: '30 Rock' Ends Next Year
By Sarah Crow Posted Apr 6th 2011 10:20AM
Alec Baldwin, who plays Kabletown head honcho Jack Donaghy on the highly acclaimed NBC show, divulged that the Tina Fey brainchild will end its run in 2012.
At the National Dance Institute's fund-raising Gala in New York City last night, the actor confessed, "I will tell you one thing, and that is our show next year is our last year of the show."
While the unique brand of humor favored by Fey has been recognized by fans and critics alike (the show has won an impressive collection of Emmy, Golden Globe and Peabody awards), its rise to prime-time prominence hasn't been without obstacles.
In the first year of production, there were 140 prime-time shows commanding a larger audience than '30 Rock.'
More recently, the show has had to dramatically alter plotlines to make up for star Tracy Morgan's absence from the set after a life-saving kidney transplant.
Despite putting her heart and soul into the show, Fey has a remarkably positive attitude about when '30 Rock' comes to an end.
"I think my level of fame will drop back down. I think it'll recede. In fact, I know it will. That's life on planet earth. And I'm okay with that," she says. "Besides getting tables at restaurants and special treatment at the airport, what else is there?"
MORE ABOUT Alec Baldwin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Alec Baldwin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Robert Pattinson Shamelessly Grabs Girlfriend FKA Twigs' Butt During Lunch: Photo
- Bill Cosby's New Rape Allegations: Everything We Know So Far
- Biz Markie Drops 140 Pounds, Says He "Wanted to Live": See Before and After Pictures
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Billy Joel set to break Madison Square Garden record
- Duggar fans create counter-petition to save '19 Kids & Counting'
- Vogue's new digs are reportedly swarming with rats
- PDA Alert! Robert Pattinson Grabs FKA Twigs' Butt After Holding Her Hand During Romantic Stroll
- Evan Ross Teases "Incredible" New Music With Ashlee Simpson, Would "Love" to Duet With Diana Ross
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner Join Justin Bieber to Celebrate Hailey Baldwin's 18th Birthday—Take a Look!