Video: Jared Leto's Kurt Cobain Tribute
By Sarah Crow Posted Apr 6th 2011 03:00PM
To commemorate the 17th anniversary of legendary rocker Kurt Cobain's death, Leto dresses up as Cobain and sings snippets of the musician's songs 'Pennyroyal Tea' and 'Rape Me' in a video posted on the actor's website.
The 30 Seconds to Mars frontman explains of his decision to take on such sensitive subject matter, writing, "I heard today was the day Kurt passed away 17 years ago. Can't believe it's been that long. So grateful for his contribution and inspiration. Not sure I'd be doing this if it weren't for him. He gave us all permission to create no matter what our skill set and reminded me that dreams are possible. Thanks for that."
Leto continued, "This made me recall a short piece of film I shot when I heard they were making a film celebrating his life. I made it to explore the character and explore creative possibilities. I never sent it to the studio or to anyone but thought I'd share it now..."
Check out Leto's Video.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Star Wars' teaser trailer premieres
- Dazzling new magic show debuts on Broadway
- Tom Hanks and wife to host National Christmas tree lighting
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Holiday Movie Preview! 10 Films to Definitely Check Out
- ?Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Trailer: 4 Things That Leave Us Wanting More!
- ?Real World' Star Ryan Knight Found Dead at 29
- Donovan Leitch's Fiancee Libby Mintz Is Pregnant! Couple Expecting First Child Together
- Lady Gaga Lays in Bed With Taylor Kinney in Late Thanksgiving Video -- Watch Their Pillow Fight!
- Scott Stapp, Creed Frontman, Was Placed on a Psychiatric Hold Before Confessional Video: Report