Angelina Jolie's Trip to Tunisia Incites Riot
By Sarah Crow Posted Apr 7th 2011 03:30PM
Angelina Jolie sure knows how to draw a crowd, but in some cases, that's not a good thing.
During a recent visit to Tunisia, so many people turned out to see the actress that many described the event as a "mini-riot."
An eyewitness said of madness surrounding Jolie's visit, "The people were beyond excited to see her. There were thousands of refugees screaming her name and chanting. The crowd was closing in on her and her security detail; it was intense."
The actress, who was in Tunisia to visit Libyan refugees at the Shusha refugee camp, had to cut her visit short due to safety concerns.
A source on the scene says, "When people found out Angelina was leaving early, they had mixed reaction. Some were upset but still enthusiastic to have her there. Angelina was forced to find shelter in a tent and she had to be protected by 30 military personal with machine guns. Angelina really took a risk by going all the way to the Libyan border."
Jolie is expected to fly from Tunisia to Paris shortly.
MORE ABOUT Angelina Jolie
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Angelina Jolie Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kate Upton gets cheeky on Instagram
- Did Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton's divorce skirt the law?
- Tom Cruise takes on Jimmy Fallon in lip sync battle
- Diane Keaton to Star Opposite Jude Law in HBO Series 'The Young Pope'
- Werewolf Comic 'Brooklyn Animal Control' Ordered to Pilot at USA Network
- Jon Stewart Analyzes Mike Huckabee's Iran Deal Comments Without Saying a Word
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Rachel McAdams in Talks to Star in 'Doctor Strange'
- 9 Perfect Photos of Tom Hardy With Dogs for No Particular Reason
- 7 Alien Franchise Movies, Ranked