Angelina Jolie's Trip to Tunisia Incites Riot
By Sarah Crow Posted Apr 7th 2011 03:30PM
Angelina Jolie sure knows how to draw a crowd, but in some cases, that's not a good thing.
During a recent visit to Tunisia, so many people turned out to see the actress that many described the event as a "mini-riot."
An eyewitness said of madness surrounding Jolie's visit, "The people were beyond excited to see her. There were thousands of refugees screaming her name and chanting. The crowd was closing in on her and her security detail; it was intense."
The actress, who was in Tunisia to visit Libyan refugees at the Shusha refugee camp, had to cut her visit short due to safety concerns.
A source on the scene says, "When people found out Angelina was leaving early, they had mixed reaction. Some were upset but still enthusiastic to have her there. Angelina was forced to find shelter in a tent and she had to be protected by 30 military personal with machine guns. Angelina really took a risk by going all the way to the Libyan border."
Jolie is expected to fly from Tunisia to Paris shortly.
MORE ABOUT Angelina Jolie
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Angelina Jolie Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Hidden bra camera shows woman how often breasts are ogled
- Gay gun activists: Growing LGBT push to support the Second Amendment
- Alyssa Milano is leaving 'Mistresses'
- Carlton Cuse, Jenni Konner and Beau Willimon Headline New York TV Fest Lineup
- Fox Pulls Tuesday 'Utopia,' Moves 'MasterChef Junior'
- Box Office: David Fincher's 'Gone Girl' Surging in Advance Ticket Sales
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Opening Credits Are as Creepy as You'd Expect (VIDEO)
- Rosamund Pike on the Joys of Being David Fincher's 'Gone Girl'
- Is Ethan Hawke Becoming 'Doctor Strange'?