Angelina Jolie's Trip to Tunisia Incites Riot
By Sarah Crow Posted Apr 7th 2011 03:30PM
Angelina Jolie sure knows how to draw a crowd, but in some cases, that's not a good thing.
During a recent visit to Tunisia, so many people turned out to see the actress that many described the event as a "mini-riot."
An eyewitness said of madness surrounding Jolie's visit, "The people were beyond excited to see her. There were thousands of refugees screaming her name and chanting. The crowd was closing in on her and her security detail; it was intense."
The actress, who was in Tunisia to visit Libyan refugees at the Shusha refugee camp, had to cut her visit short due to safety concerns.
A source on the scene says, "When people found out Angelina was leaving early, they had mixed reaction. Some were upset but still enthusiastic to have her there. Angelina was forced to find shelter in a tent and she had to be protected by 30 military personal with machine guns. Angelina really took a risk by going all the way to the Libyan border."
Jolie is expected to fly from Tunisia to Paris shortly.
MORE ABOUT Angelina Jolie
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Angelina Jolie Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Brown family reportedly filming reality show amid Bobbi Kristina tragedy
- Robert F. Kennedy's daughter denied at club: 'I am a Kennedy, Google me'
- 'Point Break' actor John Philbin arrested for brandishing a firearm
- IFC's 'Garfunkel & Oates' Canceled
- Marlon Wayans to Host Celebrity Variety Show for NBC
- Carrie Underwood Welcomes a Baby Boy
- Adam Carolla's 5 All-Time Favorite Comedies
- Jeremy Renner Talks About Letting Hawkeye Actually Shine in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- Chris Evans Thinks the First 'Avengers' Was 'a Little Bit Punch-Punch, Kick-Kick'