Food Helped Eva Longoria Get Through Ugly Divorce
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 7th 2011 10:30AM
When Eva Longoria went through her ugly divorce from Tony Parker last year, she turned to a loyal old friend to make everything better: food!
"I have cooked my entire life," Eva tells me. "Food is always comforting to me. It's a place of happiness. I enjoy being alone in the kitchen more than anything. It has helped me through many hard times."
Which is why it makes perfect sense for the 'Desperate Housewives' star to write her own brilliant cookbook, 'Eva's Kitchen: Cooking With Love for Family and Friends.' The book was essentially completed before Eva and Tony split up, and all traces of the basketballer (including a photo of them cooking) had to be scrubbed from the publication.
Eva and Tony finalized their divorce in late January after three years of marriage. She tells me the true inspiration for tackling a cookbook was her desire to honor her family.
"As I got older I wanted all my recipes and all the recipes my family have given me out of my head and on paper. My mom, aunt and sisters and a bunch of new ones are all in the book," Eva tells me. "They have evolved over time. I never made the same thing twice. Sunday night is always game night with my friends and I cook."
The lovely Miss Longoria tells me she prefers eating at home. Why? "It's annoying to go out in LA and all the paparazzi are following you. I stay at home with no makeup on and love cooking."
Eva remembers the first time she ventured into the kitchen, at 4-years-old, to cook an egg.
"It was a disaster, but I learned how empowering and intimate the process could be," she says. "You are sharing part of yourself. Putting yourself up for criticism and judgment. But I've never had any complaints."
And the one rule she has now for dating: "I could never date a guy who doesn't enjoy food."
'Eva's Kitchen: Cooking With Love for Family and Friends' is in bookstores now!
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Eats -
- Highbrow -
- Splitsville -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Eva Longoria
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Eva Longoria Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Eve Celebrates Bachelorette Party, Wears "Bride to Be" Tiara: Pictures
- Justin Bieber Deport Petition: The White House Responds In Statement
- Jared Leto Poses With Jesus Christ Look-a-Like: Hilarious Picture
- Richie Incognito Having Fun In The Sun
- Kendall Jenner Blasts Mom Kris For Her Drinking
- Dolly Parton Very Worried About Goddaughter Miley Cyrus: ‘She Told Me She Had To Murder Hannah Montana’
- Joey Fatone and Nick Carter are feuding
- Missy describes Uncle Si as 'tenderhearted' and 'a bit crazy'
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice discuss 'Jesus Christ Superstar'