Food Helped Eva Longoria Get Through Ugly Divorce
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 7th 2011 10:30AM
When Eva Longoria went through her ugly divorce from Tony Parker last year, she turned to a loyal old friend to make everything better: food!
"I have cooked my entire life," Eva tells me. "Food is always comforting to me. It's a place of happiness. I enjoy being alone in the kitchen more than anything. It has helped me through many hard times."
Which is why it makes perfect sense for the 'Desperate Housewives' star to write her own brilliant cookbook, 'Eva's Kitchen: Cooking With Love for Family and Friends.' The book was essentially completed before Eva and Tony split up, and all traces of the basketballer (including a photo of them cooking) had to be scrubbed from the publication.
Eva and Tony finalized their divorce in late January after three years of marriage. She tells me the true inspiration for tackling a cookbook was her desire to honor her family.
"As I got older I wanted all my recipes and all the recipes my family have given me out of my head and on paper. My mom, aunt and sisters and a bunch of new ones are all in the book," Eva tells me. "They have evolved over time. I never made the same thing twice. Sunday night is always game night with my friends and I cook."
The lovely Miss Longoria tells me she prefers eating at home. Why? "It's annoying to go out in LA and all the paparazzi are following you. I stay at home with no makeup on and love cooking."
Eva remembers the first time she ventured into the kitchen, at 4-years-old, to cook an egg.
"It was a disaster, but I learned how empowering and intimate the process could be," she says. "You are sharing part of yourself. Putting yourself up for criticism and judgment. But I've never had any complaints."
And the one rule she has now for dating: "I could never date a guy who doesn't enjoy food."
'Eva's Kitchen: Cooking With Love for Family and Friends' is in bookstores now!
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Eats -
- Highbrow -
- Splitsville -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Eva Longoria
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Eva Longoria Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Larry Wilmore Skewers Dentist Who Killed Cecil the Lion: "A--hole DDS"
- Travis Tritt's Property Catches Fire: "Thanking God" Nobody Was Hurt
- Kylie Jenner Celebrating 18th Birthday With Beach Club Party in Canada, Can Legally Drink
- Ben Affleck denies affair rumors as ex-nanny's friends tell a different story
- Anti-paparazzi law: Should kids be left out of the picture?
- Gisele Bundchen's rumored burqa disguise causes ire
- Xena and Gabrielle Forever! Lucy Lawless and Renee O'Connor Reunite and Hearts Swell Around the World
- Tom Brady and NFL Players Association Sue the NFL in Federal Court Over Deflategate Suspension—Get the Details!
- Robin Thicke's Dad Approves of His Much Younger Model Girlfriend