Food Helped Eva Longoria Get Through Ugly Divorce
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 7th 2011 10:30AM
When Eva Longoria went through her ugly divorce from Tony Parker last year, she turned to a loyal old friend to make everything better: food!
"I have cooked my entire life," Eva tells me. "Food is always comforting to me. It's a place of happiness. I enjoy being alone in the kitchen more than anything. It has helped me through many hard times."
Which is why it makes perfect sense for the 'Desperate Housewives' star to write her own brilliant cookbook, 'Eva's Kitchen: Cooking With Love for Family and Friends.' The book was essentially completed before Eva and Tony split up, and all traces of the basketballer (including a photo of them cooking) had to be scrubbed from the publication.
Eva and Tony finalized their divorce in late January after three years of marriage. She tells me the true inspiration for tackling a cookbook was her desire to honor her family.
"As I got older I wanted all my recipes and all the recipes my family have given me out of my head and on paper. My mom, aunt and sisters and a bunch of new ones are all in the book," Eva tells me. "They have evolved over time. I never made the same thing twice. Sunday night is always game night with my friends and I cook."
The lovely Miss Longoria tells me she prefers eating at home. Why? "It's annoying to go out in LA and all the paparazzi are following you. I stay at home with no makeup on and love cooking."
Eva remembers the first time she ventured into the kitchen, at 4-years-old, to cook an egg.
"It was a disaster, but I learned how empowering and intimate the process could be," she says. "You are sharing part of yourself. Putting yourself up for criticism and judgment. But I've never had any complaints."
And the one rule she has now for dating: "I could never date a guy who doesn't enjoy food."
'Eva's Kitchen: Cooking With Love for Family and Friends' is in bookstores now!
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Eats -
- Highbrow -
- Splitsville -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Eva Longoria
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Eva Longoria Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Robert Pattinson Dating English Singer FKA Twigs: Details!
- Sofia Vergara Shares Crazy Sexy Vacation Snaps With Boyfriend Joe Manganiello -- See the Pics!
- Jamie Chung's Festival Look Cost Less Than $100: Shop Her Outfit
- Cara Delevingne Goes Crazy At Heathrow Airport Chasing Photographers
- 365 Style: Nicky Hilton's New Book Will Be The New Go-To Fashion Guide
- Missing Mom: Amber Portwood Says She ‘Missed Out On So Much' Of Daughter Leah's Life In Prison ? Making Up For Lost Time
- Alleged hacked McKayla Maroney pics banned from Reddit; site says she would be underage in them
- Justin Bieber charged with assault, Ontario police say
- Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton reportedly turn down $1 million Las Vegas show deal
- Michael Sam to Undergo a Physical for the Dallas Cowboys: Will He Be Joining Tony Romo's Team?!
- Ryan Seacrest and Talking Cat Team Up for One Epic Morning—Watch the Funny Clip!
- Ouch! Cara Delevingne Falls Flat on Her Back at GQ Men of the Year Awards—See the Hilarious Pic!