Food Helped Eva Longoria Get Through Ugly Divorce
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 7th 2011 10:30AM
When Eva Longoria went through her ugly divorce from Tony Parker last year, she turned to a loyal old friend to make everything better: food!
"I have cooked my entire life," Eva tells me. "Food is always comforting to me. It's a place of happiness. I enjoy being alone in the kitchen more than anything. It has helped me through many hard times."
Which is why it makes perfect sense for the 'Desperate Housewives' star to write her own brilliant cookbook, 'Eva's Kitchen: Cooking With Love for Family and Friends.' The book was essentially completed before Eva and Tony split up, and all traces of the basketballer (including a photo of them cooking) had to be scrubbed from the publication.
Eva and Tony finalized their divorce in late January after three years of marriage. She tells me the true inspiration for tackling a cookbook was her desire to honor her family.
"As I got older I wanted all my recipes and all the recipes my family have given me out of my head and on paper. My mom, aunt and sisters and a bunch of new ones are all in the book," Eva tells me. "They have evolved over time. I never made the same thing twice. Sunday night is always game night with my friends and I cook."
The lovely Miss Longoria tells me she prefers eating at home. Why? "It's annoying to go out in LA and all the paparazzi are following you. I stay at home with no makeup on and love cooking."
Eva remembers the first time she ventured into the kitchen, at 4-years-old, to cook an egg.
"It was a disaster, but I learned how empowering and intimate the process could be," she says. "You are sharing part of yourself. Putting yourself up for criticism and judgment. But I've never had any complaints."
And the one rule she has now for dating: "I could never date a guy who doesn't enjoy food."
'Eva's Kitchen: Cooking With Love for Family and Friends' is in bookstores now!
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Eats -
- Highbrow -
- Splitsville -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Eva Longoria
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Eva Longoria Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mama June's Daughter Anna Cardwell Claims She Was Molested By Mother's Boyfriend
- Diddy as Prince, Ellen as Nicki! See Celebs Dressed as Other Stars For Halloween
- Amal Alamuddin Goes Hollywood Glam In Gold Dress For Second Wedding Party: Photos
- Jake Steinfeld Joins Governors Across The Country To Open Live Positively Fitness Centers
- More Problems For Leah Messer! ‘Teen Mom 2′ Star & Husband Jeremy Calvert Hit With A $10K Tax Lien
- Cream vocalist, bassist Jack Bruce dies at 71
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Katy Perry Turns 30 Today! Celebrate the Singer's Birthday by Looking Back at Her Hair Changes Through the Years
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine