Friend: Kate Gosselin Shocked Jon's Life Coach Is Suing Her
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 7th 2011 07:20PM
Reality star Kate Gosselin is mystified that she's getting sued by her ex's life coach, Dr. Sylvia Lafair, for allegedly not paying over $10,000 in marriage counseling fees to the Pennsylvania-based doc, with friends telling me the suit clashes with reality.
"How many times did Jon make it crystal clear that the ex-couple never had marriage counseling," a friend of Kate's tells me. "In several interviews, he blamed Kate's refusal to seek counseling as one of the main factors that led up to their marriage falling apart. So how could Kate possibly owe this money?"
Indeed, Jon told ABC back in 2009 that "I have a $22,000 therapy bill. I mean, I tried to have marriage counseling. I did it myself. She refused to go."
The complaint was filed on March 28, 2011, by Creative Energy Options, claiming a total of $10,476 was still owed for services rendered in 2009 between Feb. 4 and March 23.
"Client requested Dr. Sylvia Lafair fly to Los Angeles California to perform marriage counseling then refused to pay for travel fees," the filing reads.
"This doctor didn't provide marriage counseling, she was Jon's life coach. And we can all see how well that worked out," an insider tells me. "If anyone owes her money it's Jon. Although if I were him I would ask for my money back!"
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Kate Gosselin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Gosselin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Zelda Williams Makes Powerful Return to Social Media After Being Bullied Off
- Michael B. Jordan Talks Fantastic Four Reboot, Says He Wants to Direct
- CeeLo Green's TBS Show The Good Life Canceled After Controversial Rape Tweets
- Kim Kardashian Wears Chainmail While Kanye West Smiles At GQ Men Of The Year Awards
- Angelina Jolie Honors Late Mother At Her Nuptials To Brad Pitt
- In The Midst Of Drugging Scandal, TBS Cancels Cee Lo Green’s ‘The Good Life’
- Alleged hacked McKayla Maroney pics banned from Reddit; site says she would be underage in them
- Justin Bieber charged with assault, Ontario police say
- Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton reportedly turn down $1 million Las Vegas show deal
- Kate Hudson Slams Eating Disorder Rumors, Says "I Want Girls to Love Themselves"
- Roxy Sowlaty Attempts to Burn Shoes From Her Ex-Boyfriend—See the #RichKids of Beverly Hills Deleted Scene!
- Jill Duggar Reveals Her Pregnancy Cravings, Says "All Day" Morning Sickness Is ''Well Worth It''