Arnold Schwarzenegger in Talks for First Post-Governator Action Role
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Apr 8th 2011 01:40PM
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Schwarzenegger isn't far from signing on the dotted line to star in the forthcoming Lionsgate project, 'The Last Stand' -- a crime thriller that is based around a fugitive drug lord and a small town sheriff (Schwarzenegger) who will attempt to bring him to justice.
Fresh off of his seven year seat as California governor, since his departure from office he has been a hot commodity to land in the action flick world.
Although he made a cameo in 2010's 'The Expendables,' Schwarzenegger hasn't lit up the silver screen since 2003 when he starred in 'Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines.'
Although the former governor is not confirmed for the Lionsgate project, The Hollywood Reporter disclosed that the studio is in the final deal making stages with Schwarzenegger. But if Lionsgate is smart, they'll snag the body builder turned actor for any price -- his first post-gubernatorial project is sure to pump up box office numbers.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Easy Rider' chopper going up for auction next month
- Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie' adds Mark Feuerstein for final season
- Ecuador's PR firm reportedly spent more than $500G on celebrity endorsements
- Edward Snowden Doc to Get U.K. Premiere at London Film Festival
- 'Big Bang Theory': Watch What Happens When Sheldon Returns Home
- Olympian Lolo Jones Eliminated From 'Dancing With the Stars,' Received Hate Messages
- This ?Scandal' clothing line lets you dress just like Olivia Pope
- ?Orange Is the New Black' meets ?Golden Girls' in new mash-up video
- Bruce Springsteen headlines Stand Up For Heroes event
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks