Arnold Schwarzenegger in Talks for First Post-Governator Action Role
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Apr 8th 2011 01:40PM
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Schwarzenegger isn't far from signing on the dotted line to star in the forthcoming Lionsgate project, 'The Last Stand' -- a crime thriller that is based around a fugitive drug lord and a small town sheriff (Schwarzenegger) who will attempt to bring him to justice.
Fresh off of his seven year seat as California governor, since his departure from office he has been a hot commodity to land in the action flick world.
Although he made a cameo in 2010's 'The Expendables,' Schwarzenegger hasn't lit up the silver screen since 2003 when he starred in 'Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines.'
Although the former governor is not confirmed for the Lionsgate project, The Hollywood Reporter disclosed that the studio is in the final deal making stages with Schwarzenegger. But if Lionsgate is smart, they'll snag the body builder turned actor for any price -- his first post-gubernatorial project is sure to pump up box office numbers.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Puddle of Mudd frontman Wes Scantlin accused of DWI, fleeing police in Minnesota
- Box Office Top 20: 'Ant-Man' beats 'Pixels' by a tentacle; 'Southpaw' outclasses 'Paper Towns'
- Hulk Hogan thanks fans for their support after being released from WWE contract
- Style Notes: Khloe Kardashian Covers 'Complex'; Diane Von Furstenberg, Steven Kolb Have New CFDA Titles
- Where Are the Remaining Cosmic MacGuffins in Marvel's Cinematic Universe?
- HBO Developing Peter Berg Western Drama 'Untamed'
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- The 25 Best 'SNL' Impressions Ever
- Top 10 Worst Casting Choices Ever
- The 18 Most Insane Stunts in Movie History, Ranked