Producer Says The Fugees Will Reunite
By Boombox Editors Posted Apr 8th 2011 02:30AM
Duplessis, who produced many of the tracks on their diamond-selling sophomore release 'The Score,' claims that a reconciliation is imminent.
"I believe there will be a day when the Fugees get together, but everyone in the group's gotta' be ready," Duplessis told Rap-Up.com. "The Fugees are definitely going to get back together. The time will come. You've gotta wait, man."
The Haitian born self-taught musician had a little fun with the notion, tweeting that he was in the studio with members Pras, Wyclef Jean and Lauryn Hill, as an April Fool's joke. News of the gag spread pretty quickly prompting several phone calls inquiring about a reunion.
"In my studio, I was getting crazy phone calls and mad emails. My Twitter was going heavy. People all over the globe were saying, 'Is it true? We really want the Fugees!'" he said. "Lauryn was getting phone calls. Wyclef was getting phone calls. Pras was getting phone calls. I felt that if tickets had gone on sale, it would have been sold out in two hours--globally."
Although the trio attempted to get back together years ago, Jean has since thrown his hands up at the idea, publicly criticizing Hill for holding up the process and calling her "mentally ill." After a slew of erratic public appearances, which include showing up hours late for performances, Hill appears to be getting back on track, even writing a letter to fans apologizing for her tardiness.
Get more at The BoomBox >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Pete Townshend opens up about past alcohol abuse
- Bruce Jenner will be on the cover of July's Vanity Fair magazine
- Judge delays case after 'Suge' Knight hires Jackson lawyer
- Extra Scoop: A Duggar Speaks Out: 'Pray for Your Enemies'
- ?KUWTK' Mid-Season Finale Sneak Peek: Dangerous Wipeout, Dreams Crushed and Saying Goodbye to ?Dad'
- Kelly Rutherford's Custody Battle Continues; Order to Return Children to US Halted
- Bruce Jenner Set to Appear As Woman on Vanity Fair Cover: Details
- Bruce Jenner, Kylie Jenner Bond on Keeping Up With the Kardashians Midseason Finale: Watch a Clip!
- Ethan Embry: Kissing Jennifer Love Hewitt in Can't Hardly Wait Was "Uncomfortable," She Gave Me a "Big Basket of Breath Mints!"