Common Gives Fans the Chance to Hang In His Studio
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 11th 2011 04:15PM
Working with Tonic.com, the Grammy-winning artist has launched a donation drive running now through the day of his Common Ground Foundation gala on April 16 where he will be honoring women who represent award-worthy leadership skills across generations including Dr. Maya Angelou, Keke Palmer, Dee Robinson Reid and Sherri Shepherd.
"Our foundation has grown over the years, and is very dear to my heart just as much as my career," Common said. "One of the things I always say to people is to 'strive for greatness in any and everything you do,' and the women we are honoring represent that and so much more."
But not everyone lives in Chicago or can afford a pricey table. That's why Common has opened his donation drive up online.
There are different levels of prizes. Fans who donate between $1 and $25 dollars can enter to win an autographed pic from the artist. The ballers who donate between $501 and $1,000 will be entered to win a phone call from Common and one lucky donor who donates more than $1,001 will be entered to win a chance to sit in on a studio session with the singer while he records his new album.
So if you're a fan or an aspiring musician this could be well worth your buck. It's better than handing out CDs on the street.
Head to Tonic today to donate, help Common reach his goal and maybe make a new friend.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jason Aldean's new album features 'honest' tunes
- James Franco and Megan Fox offer no explanation for bloody photo
- FOX411's pic of the day
- When Taylor Swift's ?Out of the Woods' meets ?Circle of Life,' everything makes sense
- Watch Air New Zealand's ?Hobbit'-inspired safety video
- Watch the trailer for Ridley Scott's ?Halo: Nightfall'
- Melissa Rivers Inherits Over $100 Million of Joan Rivers' Estate; Matthew McConaughey Hits Red Carpet With Adorable Kids: Top 5 Stories
- Jennifer Lopez Buys $22 Million New York City Apartment Next Door to Chelsea Clinton: Details
- Bewitched Reboot Scores NBC Deal: New Show Will Follow Samantha's Granddaughter Daphne