Common Gives Fans the Chance to Hang In His Studio
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 11th 2011 04:15PM
Working with Tonic.com, the Grammy-winning artist has launched a donation drive running now through the day of his Common Ground Foundation gala on April 16 where he will be honoring women who represent award-worthy leadership skills across generations including Dr. Maya Angelou, Keke Palmer, Dee Robinson Reid and Sherri Shepherd.
"Our foundation has grown over the years, and is very dear to my heart just as much as my career," Common said. "One of the things I always say to people is to 'strive for greatness in any and everything you do,' and the women we are honoring represent that and so much more."
But not everyone lives in Chicago or can afford a pricey table. That's why Common has opened his donation drive up online.
There are different levels of prizes. Fans who donate between $1 and $25 dollars can enter to win an autographed pic from the artist. The ballers who donate between $501 and $1,000 will be entered to win a phone call from Common and one lucky donor who donates more than $1,001 will be entered to win a chance to sit in on a studio session with the singer while he records his new album.
So if you're a fan or an aspiring musician this could be well worth your buck. It's better than handing out CDs on the street.
Head to Tonic today to donate, help Common reach his goal and maybe make a new friend.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Paul McCartney last smoked pot 'a long time ago'
- Pete Townshend opens up about past alcohol abuse
- Bruce Jenner will be on the cover of July's Vanity Fair magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Gets Raves (and a Job Offer) for Her Community Service
- The Rock's 'San Andreas' Shakes Up the Box Office
- Molly Sims Throws Her BFF a Bachelorette Party to Remember!
- Jenelle Evans Joins Tinder One Day After Arrest, Fight With Ex-Fiance Nathan Griffith
- Josh Duggar's Parents, Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar, to Discuss Son's Molestation Scandal in Sit-Down Interview With Fox News' Megyn Kelly
- Jessica Biel Debuts Her Post-Baby Body, Looks Amazing Just Two Months After Giving Birth: Photos