Common Gives Fans the Chance to Hang In His Studio
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 11th 2011 04:15PM
Working with Tonic.com, the Grammy-winning artist has launched a donation drive running now through the day of his Common Ground Foundation gala on April 16 where he will be honoring women who represent award-worthy leadership skills across generations including Dr. Maya Angelou, Keke Palmer, Dee Robinson Reid and Sherri Shepherd.
"Our foundation has grown over the years, and is very dear to my heart just as much as my career," Common said. "One of the things I always say to people is to 'strive for greatness in any and everything you do,' and the women we are honoring represent that and so much more."
But not everyone lives in Chicago or can afford a pricey table. That's why Common has opened his donation drive up online.
There are different levels of prizes. Fans who donate between $1 and $25 dollars can enter to win an autographed pic from the artist. The ballers who donate between $501 and $1,000 will be entered to win a phone call from Common and one lucky donor who donates more than $1,001 will be entered to win a chance to sit in on a studio session with the singer while he records his new album.
So if you're a fan or an aspiring musician this could be well worth your buck. It's better than handing out CDs on the street.
Head to Tonic today to donate, help Common reach his goal and maybe make a new friend.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Musicians Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale file for divorce
- Reba McEntire, Narvel Blackstock announce separation
- Bobbi Kristina Brown death photo sold as family attends funeral
- Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale File for Divorce
- Insta-Fashion! Style Guru Preston Konrad Spots Summer's Hottest Fashion Trends in NYC
- Ice-T & Coco Reveal Baby's Gender and Name in 'Ice & Coco' Premiere
- Margot Robbie, Cara Delevingne Join the Pink Hair Gang: See Hollywood's Biggest Beauty Trend in Action!
- Gwen Stefani, Gavin Rossdale's Shocking Split: "This Was a Long Time Coming"
- Taylor Swift Wishes Karlie Kloss Happy Birthday With a Photo of Calvin Harris — See the Post