Sherri Shepherd Shares Her Upcoming Wedding Details
By Christo Varghese Posted Apr 11th 2011 04:15AM
Shepherd, 43, was interviewed by PEOPLE at the Steve Harvey Foundation Gala last week, and she talked about Sally and revealed her choice in wedding cakes and honeymoon destinations.
'The View' co-host revealed why her fiancé Sally was a perfect match for her. "I've got a really great friend. He keeps me laughing all the time. I think laughter is No. 1. He's silly and I'm silly, I think that's a great match."
When asked about what type of wedding cake she wants to have, Shepherd's reply was simple: a red velvet wedding cake. "I love anything red velvet," she said.
She also talked about possible destinations for the couple's honeymoon. "We're looking at Thailand or somewhere over in Europe. We want to go somewhere exotic."
Shepherd also has also been practicing with her son, Jeffrey, almost 6, on how to escort her down the aisle.
She says, "I'm just teaching him how to walk down slowly, instead of running, and I'm just going to ask him, please don't say, 'Mommy, I gotta pee.' Can you just hold it for 45 minutes?"
Shepherd recently talked to PopEater where she revealed that she hasn't started shopping for her wedding dress because she plans to drastically slim down before tying the knot.
She said, "I still have this fantasy that I'm going to be a size two. I'm hesitant to give everybody my real size."
Shepherd wants to slim into a "single digit" size before she finds her dream strapless dress. She has hired a personal trainer, who has her doing squats, lunges and lifting weights, to tone her curves in time for her big day.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sarah Michelle Gellar Wants to End All Beauty Pageants: "Let's Not Forget 'The Iraq'"
- "Let It Go" Songwriting Team to Write Original Number for Oscars Host Neil Patrick Harris
- Bruce Jenner, Khloe Kardashian Enjoy "Father-Daughter Time," Scott Disick Joins
- Kristen Stewart: I need a break from Hollywood
- Courtney Love admits using heroin during pregnancy in Kurt Cobain documentary
- School's 'Frozen' parody ?School Is Closed' goes viral
- CBS Announces Victoria's Secret Swim Special With Adriana Lima, Behati Prinsloo and Candice Swanepoel!
- Kendall Jenner Goes Braless, Models Sheer Top for Chanel's Paris Fashion Week Show—See the Pic!
- Christina Aguilera Opening NBA All-Star Game 2015 With the Rockettes!