Star Jones on NeNe Leakes: 'You Never Get Involved in a Pig Fight'
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 11th 2011 09:25AM
EXCLUSIVE: Star Jones has done everything in her power not to go down the same destructive road as fellow 'Celebrity Apprentice' star, NeNe Leakes, and has purposely avoided trashing her fellow contestants. But after Sunday's episode, where NeNe inflicts some personal attacks on La Toya Jackson, Star has unleashed the guns.
"You never get involved in a pig fight," Star tells me. "If you do, three things happen: you get dirty, you get tired, and only the pig has fun. It diminishes me to talk about her. I have so many other things going on in my life."
Star says that in the heat of the action on 'Celebrity Apprentice, when she's fired up most,' she has to stop herself from really going off.
"In my heart, I think 'pray, don't act crazy, your grandmother is watching, your sorority sisters are watching, you were raised better than this.'"
On Sunday's episode, NeNe landed the ultra-low blow by telling La Toya: "The only reason you've gotten this far is because of your last name."
The former 'The View' host and author of 'Satan's Sisters' says she knows there are people across the country that look to her to set a good example. "I know there are people that value my opinion," she says. "Plus, I'm not 20 minutes off the pole."
Star, who tells me she is enjoying her return to TV, doesn't want to be the center of the spotlight anymore. "Part of that was my fault when I made my personal life so much of the public conversation. It didn't help when I was going through so much: weight loss, and not being able to talk about it. On the one hand I'm so public and on the other hand I'm so private. Now I feel healthy and happy."
Welcome back, Star.
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kristen Bell Wears Floral Dress Over Baby Bump to Premiere?See Her Latest Maternity Style!
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck Talks Rosie O'Donnell's Return to The View: "I Wish Them Well"
- Kerry Washington Reveals What's in Olivia Pope's Purse, Her Style and Beauty Must-Haves
- Golden Years: David Bowie A Sexual Wild-man In Earlier Days, According To New Book
- King Kanye! West’s Krazy Rules For Kim Exposed
- Look Who's Talking! John Travolta Calls Gay Rumors ?Every Celebrity’s Achilles Heel,' Not Bothered By Chatter He ?Can't Control'
- Ecuador's PR firm reportedly spent more than $500G on celebrity endorsements
- U2 haters prompt Apple to release tool to remove free album
- Did Iggy Azalea sign away rights to sex tape?