Cloris Leachman: 'Light on Her Feet' Kirstie Alley Will Win 'Dancing'
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 12th 2011 09:05AM
Hollywood veteran Cloris Leachman is convinced Kirstie Alley will win this season's 'Dancing With the Stars,' telling me she's been pleasantly surprised at how graceful the full-figured actress has been.
"I was surprised how light she is on her feet," Cloris told me on the red carpet at the TV Land Awards on Sunday. "She's going to go much further than I went in the competition and I think she is going to win."
That's high praise from Cloris, who famously shimmied her then 82-year-old body to seventh place in the 2008 season. Three years later, the Oscar winner hasn't stopped dancing.
She glided up and down the red carpet several times before taking the stage to accept an award with her ''Facts of Life' cast, including Charlotte Rae, Geri Jewell, Mindy Cohn and Kim Fields.
Busy Cloris is currently starring as Maw Maw in the FOX series 'Raising Hope' and admitted to me she only saw the first couple of episodes of this 'Dancing' season.
So while Cloris believes Kirstie has been graceful, she may change her tune after Monday's performance when the 'Cheers' star temporarily lost her shoe during a routine with partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy.
"I'm not doing a sitcom," Alley told TV Squad after Monday's show. "I'm actually doing a dance show. I'm tired of having to recover. I would just like to do something right. I don't feel like I'm jinxed. I just need to get my [act] together. There's something going on. Our rehearsals are swell. We're bitchin' in rehearsals."
TV Squad Exclusive: Kirstie Alley on Losing Her Shoe: I'm Not Doing a Sitcom
The TV Land Awards air on TV Land on April 17.
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Kirstie Alley
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kirstie Alley Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Molly Ringwald: I Was First Offered Ally Sheedy's "Basketcase" Breakfast Club Role, and Other 30th Anniversary Memories
- Curt Schilling and His Teenage Daughter Gabby Speak Out After Exposing Cyberbullies: "I'll Never Not Protect Her"
- Shia LaBeouf Puzzles Everyone With His Long Rattail Braid: See Photos of His Funky New Hairstyle
- ?NBC Nightly News' wins February sweep despite Brian Williams suspension
- Brown family reportedly filming reality show amid Bobbi Kristina tragedy
- Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Studios in Chicago to close in December
- This Majestic Photo of a Weasel Riding a Woodpecker Has Taken Over the Internet
- Nattie Lets WWE Superstar TJ Wilson Out of the Doghouse—See the Total Divas Deleted Scene!
- Christie Brinkley Defends Cindy Crawford's ''Perfect'' Body Amid Controversy Surrounding Alleged Unretouched Pic