Karina Will Bare All in Playboy, but What About the Guys on 'Dancing'?
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 12th 2011 03:52PM
Karina Smirnoff will be the first professional dancer on ABC's hit show 'Dancing With the Stars' to pose nude for Playboy -- in the midst of a season no less -- but don't expect any of her male competitors to go full monty anytime soon.
"The show has a very odd relationship with Playboy," a 'Dancing' insider tells me. "It's not something they like to admit or comment on, but sexy girls have long provided the show with a huge male demographic, helping to make it one of the most watched shows on TV."
ABC and 'DWTS' producers aren't the only ones not talking. Karina declined to comment on the Playboy spread backstage Monday. "I don't think it's fair to this experience to talk about it," she said, according to Zap2it. "I'm enjoying it way too much to take attention away [from it]."
It's true that celeb contestants Kendra Wilkinson, Lisa Rinna, Holly Madison, Brooke Burke, Denise Richards and Pamela Anderson have all graced the dance floor and Playboy at some point, but never before has a professional dancer appeared in the buff.
A new line has been crossed, leaving many to wonder what's next? We briefly saw contestant Gilles Marini naked in the 'Sex and The City' movie, but are we going to see dancers Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Derek Hough or Mark Ballas reveal all anytime soon?
"I'm sure Maks would jump at the chance to appear in Playgirl, but I doubt Derek or Mark would ever do it," laughed a source close to the show. "However, I doubt the show would ever sign off on that. Even if Maks has plenty to show off!"
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Karina Smirnoff
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Karina Smirnoff Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Idina Menzel, Taye Diggs Separate After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Federline, Britney Spears' Ex, Expecting Baby Number Six with Wife Victoria Prince
- Kim Kardashian Debuts Post-Baby Bikini Body, Drew Barrymore Reveals She's Having Another Baby Girl: Top 5 Wednesday Stories
- Camille Grammer Granted SECOND Protective Order Against Ex-Boyfriend After Alleged Abuse
- Hold On! Sofia Vergara Reportedly Puts The Brakes On Marriage Plans ? There's No Wedding Dress Or Date
- Gisele: She's not just like you
- "12 Years a Slave," "Osage County" top SAG nominations
- 'Duck Dynasty' fam spreads holiday cheer in Afghanistan
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Review Roundup: Critics Can't Find Middle Ground on Middle-earth
- Mena Suvari's Awkward Christmas Card With Her Boyfriend and Cat Is Absolute Perfection—Take a Look!
- American Horror Story: Coven Shocker: Gabourey Sidibe Talks Queenie's Fate, and Which Co-Star Brings a Baby Hand to Set