Karina Will Bare All in Playboy, but What About the Guys on 'Dancing'?
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 12th 2011 03:52PM
Karina Smirnoff will be the first professional dancer on ABC's hit show 'Dancing With the Stars' to pose nude for Playboy -- in the midst of a season no less -- but don't expect any of her male competitors to go full monty anytime soon.
"The show has a very odd relationship with Playboy," a 'Dancing' insider tells me. "It's not something they like to admit or comment on, but sexy girls have long provided the show with a huge male demographic, helping to make it one of the most watched shows on TV."
ABC and 'DWTS' producers aren't the only ones not talking. Karina declined to comment on the Playboy spread backstage Monday. "I don't think it's fair to this experience to talk about it," she said, according to Zap2it. "I'm enjoying it way too much to take attention away [from it]."
It's true that celeb contestants Kendra Wilkinson, Lisa Rinna, Holly Madison, Brooke Burke, Denise Richards and Pamela Anderson have all graced the dance floor and Playboy at some point, but never before has a professional dancer appeared in the buff.
A new line has been crossed, leaving many to wonder what's next? We briefly saw contestant Gilles Marini naked in the 'Sex and The City' movie, but are we going to see dancers Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Derek Hough or Mark Ballas reveal all anytime soon?
"I'm sure Maks would jump at the chance to appear in Playgirl, but I doubt Derek or Mark would ever do it," laughed a source close to the show. "However, I doubt the show would ever sign off on that. Even if Maks has plenty to show off!"
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Karina Smirnoff
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Karina Smirnoff Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bill Nye the Science Guy Reads Mean Tweets About Himself in Funny Video
- Peyton List Has a Pimple-Popping App, Was Nicknamed "the Octopus": 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
- Drew Barrymore Ready For Baby No. 3? "The Door's Open, But I'm No Spring Chicken"
- Wrestling legend Roddy Piper dead at 61
- Actress Valerie Harper out of hospital, resting with family
- Lynn Anderson, singer of 'Rose Garden,' dead at 67
- Kim Kardashian Calls Herself a ''Soccer Mom,'' Shares Photos of North West Playing Her New Favorite Sport!
- Did Gisele Bündchen Step Out in Public Wearing a Burqa? We'll Let You Decide for Yourself
- Luke Perry Isn't Going to Watch Lifetime's Beverly Hills 90210 Tell-All: "It's Just Not Relevant"