'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood Required Court Approval for Reunion Show
By Christo Varghese Posted Apr 13th 2011 04:45AM
RadarOnline.com is reporting that Portwood and Shirely, along with their two-year-old daughter Leah, needed to get permission from the Madison County court to appear on a 'Teen Mom' reunion show. This stems from a request made to the court by Child Protective Services who had asked that the couple have no contact in the presence of their daughter.
A source close to Portwood is reported saying, "Amber and Gary were given a special dispensation to be together for the show with the child in California. And they were more than civil together."
The source continues, "There was some talk of trying to reconcile but now they're young adults and no longer teens, they are thinking more realistically about what it means and how to reconcile in the face of the history they have had together."
Last year, Leah was temporarily made a "ward of the state" after images of Portwood drinking underage surfaced online. Portwood was also being investigated for domestic violence for allegedly assaulting Shirley and spent a day in jail for felony domestic abuse charges.
Portwood was reunited with Leah a day after her release from jail.
The 'Teen Mom' star recently got into some hot water when nude images of the 20-year-old leaked online. There have been claims that Portwood had leaked the images herself.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Dresses North in Skunk Costume; See How the Today Show Celebrated Halloween: Top 5 Stories
- Heidi Klum Dresses as a Butterfly for Annual Halloween Party -- See Her Crazy Costume Here!
- Kim Kardashian and North West Dress as Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley -- Plus, See Her Other Halloween Costumes!
- Tara Reid’s Skeletal Figure Scares Fans BEFORE She Puts On Halloween Costume!
- Demi Moore ‘Driving Mila Nuts,’ Wants Her To ‘Stay Away’ From Baby Wyatt ? Or Else!
- Judge Rules Amanda Bynes To Stay Under Conservatorship Until 2015, As Actress No-Show In Court
- Amanda Bynes to remain under her mom's care
- 30 years later, ?CHiPs' cast reunites
- Hello Kitty celebrates 40th anniversary
- Happy Halloween! Check Out Kim Kardashian, Lea Michele, Justin Bieber and More Stars in Costume!
- Melanie Griffith on Who She'd Like to Date Next and Why She'll Never Watch Daughter Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Chris Brown Talks All Things Rihanna: The Assault, Their Relationship, Drake and More—Watch Now!