Green Day's 'American Idiot' Gets Big Screen Treatment
By Sarah Crow Posted Apr 13th 2011 11:50AM
The pop-punk band have had their 2004 Grammy-winning album 'American Idiot' adapted into a successful Broadway musical and now it may make its way to movie theaters.
Sources report Universal is in talks to bring the show to the big screen, and the musical's director, Tony Award winner Michael Mayer, has already signed on to direct.
'Milk' director Dustin Lance Black is reportedly in talks to pen the screenplay.
Tom Hanks' company, Playtone, who have previously produced musical hits 'That Thing You Do!' and 'Mamma Mia!' will produce the big-screen adaptation.
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Jon Hamm, star of the hit series "Mad Men", is spotted filming scenes for the upcoming season. Jon was all smiles while filming in a red, vintage Imperial convertible.
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Toys 'R' Us pulling 'Breaking Bad' dolls from stores, website
- 'Django' actress Daniele Watts charged with lewd conduct
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Live-action ?Static Shock,' ?Mortal Kombat' unveiled as part of WB digital slate
- What is going on at Marvel? A PopWatch conspiracy theory
- Someone made a real hoverboard, so you should maybe get excited a little bit
- What Are Kerry Washington's Makeup Must-Haves?
- The Palin Family Brawl in Alaska: Listen to Bristol Describe Her Beatdown!
- Kris Jenner Responds to Rumors She Was on a Date with a Mystery Man
- Kate Middleton Makes First Appearance Since Suffering From Morning Sickness; Blake Lively Shows Off Baby Bump and Cleavage: Top 5 Stories
- Uma Thurman's 16-Year-Old Daughter Maya Looks Almost Identical to Her -- See the Mini-Me Picture!
- A Man in Chicago Told President Obama to Not Flirt With His Fiancee and It Was Amazing -- Watch Here