Lady Gaga Compares Hollywood to Kegel Exercise
By Maggie Coughlan Posted Apr 13th 2011 10:20AM
Lady Gaga has never been once to mince words.
The provocative singer wastes no time dishing about her failure to adapt in Hollywood in the May issue of Harper's Bazaar.
"I had all these number-one records, and I had sold all these albums, and it was sort of this turning point: Am I going to try and embrace Hollywood and assimilate to that culture?"
Needless to say, no one could convince the 25-year-old to go against her instincts.
"I put my toe in that water, and it was a Kegel-exercise vaginal reaction where I clenched and had to retract immediately," she says in a very vivid metaphor. "I ran furiously back to New York, to my old apartment, and I hung out with my friends, and I went to the same bars."
Abandoning the Hollywood life for the comforts of New York City doesn't have Gaga worried about her future.
"What means something to me is my music," she says. "I don't want to make money; I want to make a difference."
A result of her tireless work ethic and desire to create, 'Born This Way' fans can bank on the singer's staying power.
"You can quote me on this: People love you when they think you won't be around for very long, and people hate you when they can't get rid of you. But I'm not going anywhere," she says.
Read more at Harper's Bazaar.
MORE ABOUT Lady Gaga
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lady Gaga Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- PopWatch Confessional: What's the scariest thing you saw as a kid (that wasn't supposed to scare you)?
- From pegacorns to Cheetos: The best celebrity Halloween costumes
- We're not worthy of the best Halloween costumes from ?Today,' ?GMA'
- Holly-ween Pics! Kate Hudson's Sexy Leather Biker Costume and More
- Shock Report: Why Mama June Really Wanted Anna to Join 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo'
- Amanda Bynes Released from Psych Hold, Spotted Alone on Sunset Blvd.
- Andy Cohen Was "Basically Crying" at RHONJ Reunion, "Could Barely Look at" Teresa Giudice
- Taylor Swift Dresses Up as a Pegacorn (A.K.A. a Unicorn With Wings) for Halloween 2014, Making Her Fairy Tale a Reality
- Kim Kardashian Dresses North West in Skunk Costume for Halloween 2014: Photos