Hey Benicio: Watch Your Back for Grandpa Rod!
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 13th 2011 12:01PM
Rod Stewart may be thrilled to become a grandfather at 66, but a friend of the gravel-voiced icon reveals that doesn't mean he isn't furious at daddy-to-be Benicio Del Toro for casually getting his daughter pregnant.
The 44-year-old Oscar winner announced through a rep this week that he is the father of 31-year-old Kimberly's baby, despite not even being a couple. I'm told that even though Rod has had eight kids with six different women, he had hoped Kim would walk down the aisle before having a baby.
"Rod might seem like a wild man but deep down he is very conservative," a friend of Rod's tells me. "What dad doesn't dream of his daughter's wedding day before she starts a family?"
Rod has eight children. A son and a daughter with first wife Alana Hamilton; a daughter with model girlfriend Kelly Emberg; two children with second wife Rachel Hunter; a daughter, Sarah, who was born in the early 1960s and put up for adoption; and two children with his current wife, Penny Lancaster. His youngest child was born this year and will be uncle (and possible schoolmate?) to Kim's child.
And although insiders tell me he is livid with the circumstances, he is happy that Benicio has quickly manned up and agreed to take care of his child.
"Rod has always provided for his children, even his adopted daughter after he reunited with her," a family friend tells me. "He can't wait to be a cool granddad."
So far, no Stewart has commented on the pregnancy, only Benicio. "Kimberly is pregnant," his rep said Monday. "Benicio is the father and is very supportive. Although they are not a couple, they are looking forward to the arrival of the baby."
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Baby -
- Famous Couples -
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- Music News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Benicio Del Toro
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Benicio Del Toro Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Comedian Tracy Morgan still struggling after crash
- Joan Rivers' condition 'remains serious,' daughter says
- Political correctness in Hollywood running amok?
- Watch! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Shay Mitchell Gets a Hair Makeover
- Police Raid Home of '50 Shades' Director and 'Kick Ass 2' Star over Machine Gun
- See First Pic of Angelina Jolie Since Wedding News
- Angelina Jolie Steps Out After Wedding, Melissa Rivers on Joan Rivers: Top 5 Friday Stories
- Bill Murray Tears Tickets at St. Paul Saints Independent League Baseball Game, Catches First Pitch: Watch!
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jennifer Aniston Wasn't Mad About Friends Reunion, That's Acting