Elizabeth Hurley Sees Possible Reunion With Ex-Love Hugh Grant
By Nicki Gostin Posted Apr 14th 2011 10:10AM
Instead, it sounds like Liz may have come full circle and returned to her ex-love Hugh Grant, although strictly as friends.
"If all else fails, we'll end up living together like Darby and Joan," Hurley said in Hello magazine. (In England, Darby and Joan is an expression for an old married couple who lead a placid, rather hum-drum life). Though it does sound like the two are keeping fairly busy.
"We are currently taking cooking, Italian and guitar lessons and argue ferociously over who is more ahead in cooking, slightly less cack-handed at the guitar but grudgingly agree his Italian is a whisper better."
Hurley met Hugh Grant in 1987 when they shot the forgettable 'Rowing With the Wind.' In an interview Grant said, "At the time I had an offer to do a serious BBC project. I couldn't decide between that and this absurd, career-damaging Spanish thing. Then I saw Elizabeth and went for the absurd Spanish film."
The two soon became a pair and were together for 13 years. They never married but they did set up a film company, Simian Films, that produced such Grant vehicles as the medical thriller, 'Extreme Measures,' and the mob comedy, 'Mickey Blue Eyes.'
They even weathered a media tsunami in 1995 when Grant was arrested for lewd conduct in a public place when he was caught with prostitute Divine Brown. He later said, "I've done an abominable thing, and Elizabeth's been amazing about it. And contrary to what I read in the paper today, she's been very supportive and we're going to try to work it out."
However, five years later the pair amicably parted and remained close friends. Grant is a Godfather of Hurley's son Damian. (Father was Steven Bing, who originally denied paternity and is not involved in his upbringing).
► Jo Piazza: Why Does Everyone Cheat on Elizabeth Hurley?
In the Hello interview, the Austin Powers beauty labeled reports that the old couple is more than pals, "preposterous." Earlier this month she started divorce proceedings against her husband of four years, wealthy businessman Arun Nayar.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for third week
- Tori admits hasn't had sex with Dean since scandal broke
- Man given suspended jail sentence for stealing Peter Frampton's luggage
- Discovery Cancels 'Everest Jump Live' After Avalanche Deaths
- Stacey Snider Hosts Star-Studded Charity Benefit at Sony Studios
- Box Office (Specialty): Woody Allen a Big Draw in 'Fading Gigolo' Despite Scandal
- ?Turn' react: It's Jamie Bell's show after all
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during ?Hedwig' performance
- PopWatch Planner: ?Parks and Rec' finale, ?The Blacklist' big episode, ?John Oliver' premiere, and more
- Weekend Box Office: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Again, 'Transcendence' Disappoints
- The 101 Best Sports Movies of All Time
- 'The Normal Heart' Trailer: Mark Ruffalo Speaks Out (VIDEO)