Elizabeth Hurley Sees Possible Reunion With Ex-Love Hugh Grant
By Nicki Gostin Posted Apr 14th 2011 10:10AM
Instead, it sounds like Liz may have come full circle and returned to her ex-love Hugh Grant, although strictly as friends.
"If all else fails, we'll end up living together like Darby and Joan," Hurley said in Hello magazine. (In England, Darby and Joan is an expression for an old married couple who lead a placid, rather hum-drum life). Though it does sound like the two are keeping fairly busy.
"We are currently taking cooking, Italian and guitar lessons and argue ferociously over who is more ahead in cooking, slightly less cack-handed at the guitar but grudgingly agree his Italian is a whisper better."
Hurley met Hugh Grant in 1987 when they shot the forgettable 'Rowing With the Wind.' In an interview Grant said, "At the time I had an offer to do a serious BBC project. I couldn't decide between that and this absurd, career-damaging Spanish thing. Then I saw Elizabeth and went for the absurd Spanish film."
The two soon became a pair and were together for 13 years. They never married but they did set up a film company, Simian Films, that produced such Grant vehicles as the medical thriller, 'Extreme Measures,' and the mob comedy, 'Mickey Blue Eyes.'
They even weathered a media tsunami in 1995 when Grant was arrested for lewd conduct in a public place when he was caught with prostitute Divine Brown. He later said, "I've done an abominable thing, and Elizabeth's been amazing about it. And contrary to what I read in the paper today, she's been very supportive and we're going to try to work it out."
However, five years later the pair amicably parted and remained close friends. Grant is a Godfather of Hurley's son Damian. (Father was Steven Bing, who originally denied paternity and is not involved in his upbringing).
► Jo Piazza: Why Does Everyone Cheat on Elizabeth Hurley?
In the Hello interview, the Austin Powers beauty labeled reports that the old couple is more than pals, "preposterous." Earlier this month she started divorce proceedings against her husband of four years, wealthy businessman Arun Nayar.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Anita Baker sued by lawyer who claims she owes him money
- Country trio Lady Antebellum's adult sound on new album '747'
- 'The Voice' Recap: Can Pharrell Break Blake Shelton's Country Music Reign?
- New 'Horrible Bosses 2' Trailer Shows Awkward Sex Therapy Session
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Stars and Creators Tackle Week 2 Mysteries
- ?Sons of Anarchy' star Theo Rossi on the shows that make him cry
- That ?Tetris' movie you always wanted is finally happening
- New Banksy artwork appears in English seaside town
- Miles Teller Says the 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Is 'Different in Every Way' From Original
- 11 Essential 'Gilmore Girls' Episodes You Should Definitely Watch On Netflix (VIDEO)
- 'Tetris' Will Become a Movie for Some Reason