How Kimora Lee Simmons Lost 25 Pounds
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 14th 2011 12:15PM
EXCLUSIVE: Kimora Lee Simmons shocked everyone recently when she hit the red carpet 25 lbs lighter, but now she's ready to reveal how she and other famous stars lose that kind of weight.
"By not eating a whole lot," Kimora half-jokingly tells me. "But I don't like to tell the kids that so they think they shouldn't eat. No, I watch my portions, and I eat leaner proteins and vegetables and stuff like that."
The gorgeous Missouri native was in a giving mood during our afternoon rendezvous, so she listed her food intake for the entire day.
"So I woke up this morning and ordered breakfast at 4 AM. I had egg whites scrambled, spinach, turkey bacon and a glass of orange juice," she said, noting she skipped lunch. "The reason I had such a big breakfast is because I hadn't eaten in two days. I've had fruit, I've had a smoothie, I've had a protein bar, but it's not like I've had Doritos."
Also, running around after three young children (two with Russell Simmons, one with Djimon Hounsou) keeps her active. But moving to LA certainly made Kimora want to lose weight.
"I was out one night with two famous sisters" -- Kimora asked that I not reveal the identity of the young reality stars -- "when a bunch of burgers were being passed around. I went to grab one and the two of them looked shocked. They said, 'We don't eat.' Then after I grabbed a burger, they said they were joking but I knew they weren't!"
Move back east, ladies. Where NOT starving yourself is far more chic!
CORRECTION: This story has been updated to complete a quote given by Kimora. Her full statement was "By not eating a whole lot." In the original story, "a whole lot" was accidentally left out and has been corrected.
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Weight -
- Celebrity Eats -
- Celebrity Style -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Finale Recap: Rick Fights Back, Morgan Returns -- Find Out Who Survived a Brutal Episode!
- iHeartRadio Music Awards 2015: Winners List
- Keeping Up with the Kardashians Recap: Kim and Khloe Finally Learn What Scott Disick Does For a Living
- ?Daily Show': Trevor Noah emerges on short list to replace Jon Stewart
- 'Home' scores big at the box office
- Tracey Ullman's mother dies in house fire at 85
- Ronda Rousey Attacks Stephanie McMahon, The Bella Twins Battle for Victory and More WrestleMania Highlights
- Kim Kardashian Takes North West and Her BFF on a Precious Easter Egg Hunt—See the Adorable Pics!
- The Walking Dead's Incredible Season Five Finale Nearly Killed Us – Find Out What Went Down!