Video: Did Another Girl Get Eliminated on 'Idol'?
By AOL TV Editors Posted Apr 15th 2011 01:25AM
The first five eliminations since the Top 13 began have all been women, including last week's surprise elimination of Pia Toscano who was at one time considered one of the contest's front-runners.
With only two girls left in the competition, would their losing streak continue, or would it finally be the end of the road for one of the guys? Making things worse for the girls, Haley Reinhart was the only one who really got any negative feedback from the judges last night. Other than that, it was the usual gush-a-thon.
We can't say if it was because she chose a Blondie song, or because of the judges' criticism, but Haley Reinhart was the first person dropped into the Bottom Three, making everyone nervous. Everyone, that is, except for the conspiracy theorists waiting to drop their bombs on the blogosphere should yet another girl be sent packing.
So they must have been crushed, when Haley was the first of the Bottom Three sent back to safety. That left Paul McDonald and Stefano Langone alone in the bottom, a place both had been before.
McDonald struggled a bit with Bob Seger the night before, and had the dreaded first position on the night. While Langone got high praise for his take on Boyz II Men, he was a Wild Card who's now been in the Bottom Three three times. Has America finally had enough?
Nope! Langone was sent back to the couches, and McDonald was sent packing. But not before he gave us an encore performance. And for it, Jennifer Lopez requested he sing Rod Stewart's 'Maggie May' one more time. We couldn't have picked a better song!
Get more at TV Squad >>
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alexis Bledel, Vincent Kartheiser's Wedding Was "Very Much Them," Mad Men Costar Rich Sommer Says
- Chris Pratt Visits Children's Hospital Los Angeles in Guardians of the Galaxy Costume: Photo
- Taylor Swift Shares Close Encounter With Ex-Boyfriend John Mayer at Chateau Marmont
- Pat O'Brien Claims Former Friend O.J. Simpson Tried To Attack Him, Called Him A ?Phony C*cksucker' At A Miami Party Post Murder Trial
- She Won't Back Down ? Former ?Gossip Girl' Star Kelly Rutherford Files New Appeal In Custody Case As Kids Return To Their Dad In France
- Former 'Jeopardy' contestant indicted for assaulting legislator's wife
- Robin Williams' ashes reportedly scattered in San Francisco Bay last week
- 'Blurred Lines' model Emily Ratajkowski: Men need to get over naked women
- Stand Up to Cancer: Want Your Favorite Celeb to Give You a Shout-Out During the Event? Find Out How!
- Shay Mitchell Visits the Farmers Market and Picks Up Fresh Produce for These Special Recipes—See the Fun Food Envy Clip!
- Tina Knowles Breaks Silence on Beyoncé and Jay Z's Marriage: "Everything's Perfect"