Video: Did Another Girl Get Eliminated on 'Idol'?
By AOL TV Editors Posted Apr 15th 2011 01:25AM
The first five eliminations since the Top 13 began have all been women, including last week's surprise elimination of Pia Toscano who was at one time considered one of the contest's front-runners.
With only two girls left in the competition, would their losing streak continue, or would it finally be the end of the road for one of the guys? Making things worse for the girls, Haley Reinhart was the only one who really got any negative feedback from the judges last night. Other than that, it was the usual gush-a-thon.
We can't say if it was because she chose a Blondie song, or because of the judges' criticism, but Haley Reinhart was the first person dropped into the Bottom Three, making everyone nervous. Everyone, that is, except for the conspiracy theorists waiting to drop their bombs on the blogosphere should yet another girl be sent packing.
So they must have been crushed, when Haley was the first of the Bottom Three sent back to safety. That left Paul McDonald and Stefano Langone alone in the bottom, a place both had been before.
McDonald struggled a bit with Bob Seger the night before, and had the dreaded first position on the night. While Langone got high praise for his take on Boyz II Men, he was a Wild Card who's now been in the Bottom Three three times. Has America finally had enough?
Nope! Langone was sent back to the couches, and McDonald was sent packing. But not before he gave us an encore performance. And for it, Jennifer Lopez requested he sing Rod Stewart's 'Maggie May' one more time. We couldn't have picked a better song!
Get more at TV Squad >>
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Heidi Klum Goes Topless, Zac Posen Covers her Breasts with his Hands
- Julia Roberts, Jimmy Fallon Throw Giant Balls at Each Other's Faces, Get Squashed Noses
- Kim Kardashian Shares Bikini Pictures With North West; Adrienne Bailon Defends Rob Kardashian Comments: Top 5 Thursday Stories
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- WATCH: 'Everybody Loves Raymond' cast reunites
- Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Nick Viall Explains Fantasy Suite Experience With Andi Dorfman: Our Intimacy Level Was Way Beyond the "Act of Sex"
- Jada Pinkett Smith Talks Controversy Surrounding Willow's Photo: "Don't Pollute Something That's Not Dirty"
- Barack Obama "Favorite" Katy Perry Sings at the White House—and Brings Her Republican Mom!