Sarah Lane: Close-Ups of Natalie Portman's Face Don't Count as Dancing
By PopEater Staff Posted Apr 15th 2011 11:30AM
Sarah Lane, Natalie Portman's ballerina double in her Oscar-winning role, stands by her assertion that Portman did not do as much of the dancing as everyone claims.
"They were trying to create this image, this facade really, that Natalie had done something extraordinary, something that's pretty much impossible," Lane tells 'Good Morning America,' "which is to become a professional ballerina in a year and a half."
As for Aranofsky's explanation that he counted the dance shots and 80 percent of them were Natalie, Lane scoffs.
"It's possible, like I said, if you're counting the close ups of her face as actual dancing shots. But I don't call close-ups of her face actual dancing," she retorts.
But the ballerina does believe Portman deserved the Oscar. "An Oscar is for acting and she did an amazing job with the movie."
Besides Aranofsky, Portman's fiance (and dancing partner from the film) Benjamin Millepied and her co-star Mila Kunis came to her defense.
The actress even spoke out about it as well, wishing to put the feud behind her.
MORE ABOUT Natalie Portman
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Natalie Portman Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Melissa Etheridge: What's In My Bag?
- Neil Patrick Harris Shares Wedding Photos, Says First Dance Was to Kelly Clarkson's "Moment Like This"
- Brad Pitt: Shia LaBeouf and I Almost Fought Scott Eastwood on Fury Set
- Wiz Khalifa: ‘I Just Didn’t Want to Be Married to Her Anymore’
- Brad Pitt: Shia LaBeouf Is ‘One of the Best Actors’ He’s Ever Worked With
- Nicki Minaj’s Mom Details Her Tortured Childhood