The Secrets Behind Celebrity Plastic Surgery
By Jo Piazza Posted Apr 18th 2011 06:00PM
"Celebrities like Madonna, Kim Cattrall, Vanessa Williams and the 'Housewives' stay looking young by getting botox and facial fillers" says top cosmetic dermatologist Dr. Dima Ali. "Getting rid of the damaged skin layers in a controlled manner, whether it's by mechanical, laser or chemical ablation is the best way to force your skin to renew. Started early enough it can very possibly help avoiding altogether the traditional facelift."
Demi Moore has repeatedly denied have any "work done" on her face. How is it possible to be fifty and not show a wrinkle? It depends on your definition of "work" and in Hollywood that definition involves knives, not needles.
Hollywood plastic surgeons are seething mad that they're losing so much money with the decline of starlets going under the knife. The new rock stars are the cosmetic dermatologist. How are they erasing years without anesthesia?
Academy Award winning beauties are regularly seen sweeping through the lobby of Dr. Barney Kenet's Madison Avenue office for a facial "tune up."
"A problem for actresses is the amount of make up they use while filming which tends to clog the pores. It's important to deep clean the face with an Alpha Hydroxy acid peel. They definitely reduce the appearance of fine lines and freshen the face," Kenet says. Among his clients, actresses Gina Gershon and Jennifer Tilly swear by his KenetMD product line.
"My favorite is the 24 karat skin serum. It's so luxurious, and smooth. I feel like Cleopatra when I'm putting it on." Tilly says.
But that's just a glorified exfoliation. What about the injections?
"Celebrities are very busy. They constantly travel, keep odd hours. When they come to me, they are looking for a way to make up for that. They are not ready for a face-lift and many are concerned that a face lift will make their face look like it's pulled too tight," Kenet says.
Top Beverly Hills based cosmetic dermatologist Dr. Simon Ourian weighed in on the "has she" or "hasn't she" Zarin debate.
"I think it's pretty obvious that she's had work done. The days of the Hollywood tradition face-life are over. It appears Jill Zarin went the filler and injectable route. You have better control with fillers and usually there are not this obvious. The tell-tale facelift scar is also eliminated. It's also much more cost effect. You're talking a couple of thousand dollars instead of tens of thousands of dollars all at once," Ourian says.
How early do these stars need to start? Is getting shot up now just like having your hair done?
Dr Dima Ali says, "everyone is freezing their faces at younger and younger ages (16 is the youngest I've heard of so far and she was brought in by her mother!) hoping to maintain their youthful appearance. We all witnessed Kim K. getting it (and hating it) on her reality show. I believe she's 29 though and I think that's a more reasonable age for botox as a preventive measure."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mary-Kate Olsen Competes in Hamptons Horse Show: Photos
- Vanessa Lachey Baby Bump: Pregnant Star Steps Out in Beverly Hills
- Taylor Swift Joins The Voice as a Season Seven Advisor
- Heartbreaking Health Update: Joan Rivers Reportedly Now On Life Support
- Kendall Jenner Is Seen In New York Having A Great Time
- Joan Rivers' ?Distraught' Daughter Melissa Could Reportedly Face ?Life-Or-Death Decision' In Comedienne's Scary Health Crisis
- Kings of Leon play first show since drummer's injury
- Report: Jon Bon Jovi axed from group bidding for Buffalo Bills
- Ferguson shooting: Hip-hop moves as strong force for Michael Brown
- Dwyane Wade and Gabrielle Union Look Madly in Love at Wedding Rehearsal Dinner—See the Pics!
- EJ Johnson Gives Hilarious Breakup Advice to Dorothy Wang & Gets Involved in Her Drama With Roxy—See the #RichKids Clip!
- Happy Birthday, Cameron Diaz! Check Out the Star's Best Roles