'Idol' Castoff Pia Toscano Dumped Boyfriend for Mark Ballas
By Christo Varghese Posted Apr 18th 2011 04:30AM
The New York Post is reporting that Toscano didn't bother breaking up with Carlos Nunez, her boyfriend of four years, before she went on a date with Ballas.
A mutual friend of the couple said, "It seems inevitable to anyone with eyes. They hadn't spoken as often as you'd think once she made the final 12. She kind of played a disappearing act."
The friend said they knew the relationship was on the rocks when Nunez flew to Los Angeles to see Toscano's first 'Idol' performance on TV but she could only find a "couple of hours" to be with him.
Nunez was with Toscano's family the day the 22-year-old singer was surprisingly eliminated from the competition and even comforted her weeping family as they watched the telecast.
On the other hand, Toscano and Ballas were seen on a dinner date at a restaurant a day after her elimination.
Toscano reportedly "had a crush" on Ballas and she was positively "giddy" when she found out that 'Idol' and 'Dancing' were filming on adjacent soundstages at the CBS lot in Los Angeles and managed to get in touch with the dancer through mutual friends.
Toscano was on 'Ellen' last week, where she was asked about Ballas. The singer was evasive and said, "I just met [Ballas] ... he's a very sweet guy ... we're just friends."
PEOPLE is also reporting that when asked about Toscano, Ballas called her "a really beautiful girl," adding, "she's really cool."
And when asked if the two were dating, Ballas remained coy and said, "It is what it is. I'm having a great time. I have no complaints right now."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Russell Brand Mocks MSNBC Anchors, Teaches Them a Lesson in "Good Manners"
- Melissa Etheridge on Angelina Jolie's Mastectomy: I Have No Opinion on What She "Should Have" Done
- Shailene Woodley Cut From The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Feels "Bummed"
- Inside Katie Holmes' Single Life: Struggling With Suri, Not Ready For Romance & Frustrated With Lack Of Work
- Which celebrity is the worst role model for kids?
- Celebrity scale: Better skinny or curvy?
- Paula Deen admits in deposition to using N-word, telling racist jokes, report says