'Bachelorette' Star Ali Fedotowsky Gets Staples in Her Head After Kayak Accident
By Christo Varghese Posted Apr 19th 2011 04:15AM
UsMagazine.com is reporting that Fedotowsky went kayaking with fiance Roberto Martinez in La Jolla, Calif., when she was knocked overboard.
A rep of the reality star said, "Ali and Roberto had a little mishap when their kayak capsized this weekend. Ali was taken to the hospital and had 5 staples put in her head. Roberto was fantastic -- he kept her calm and took great care of her. She is doing fine, and actually off to work this morning."
Fedotowsky was well enough to post a message on Twitter after her trip to the hospital, where she revealed that not wearing a helmet caused the injury to her head.
She tweeted, "Made it out of the ER w/staples in my head & a little less hair after falling out of a kayak. Scary stuff. Wearing a helmet next time."
Fedotowsky goes on, "I think I freaked out more when the doctor cut my hair rather than when he put staples into my head. Lol. Very thankful to be ok :)."
The 26-year-old reality star also thanked everyone for their concern in a tweet the next day and said she was well enough to go back to work on Monday morning.
Fedotowsky is currently working as an on-air correspondent for Fox 5 San Diego and announced last week she would be co-hosting an upcoming weekly talk show on the Style Network.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Trista Sutter Surprised Ryan Sutter With Colorado Camping Trip for 40th Birthday: Details, Pictures
- Rob Bironas Dies at Age 36: Former Tennessee Titans Kicker Killed in Car Crash
- Jessica Simpson Brings Daughter Maxwell, Son Ace to Her Fashion Show With Husband Eric Johnson: Pictures
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Vince Neil says no more country music for Motley Crue
- Ryan Seacrest talks new season of 'American Idol'
- 'Maze Runner' tops the box office this weekend
- Hilary Duff Is "Totally Open to" a Lizzie McGuire Reunion: "So Many People Loved Her"
- Kelly Osbourne Gets Emotional as She Remembers Her Dear Friend Joan Rivers—Watch the Sweet Clip!
- Katherine Heigl Seemingly Confuses Iraq for Afghanistan in State of Affairs On-Set Snap