Brad and Angelina's Strict Nanny Requirements
By Jo Piazza Posted Apr 19th 2011 05:15PM
We have always wondered how Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie appear to raise such a well mannered brood of six without going completely insane. The answer: nannies, a lot of nannies, an entire basketball team of nannies. PopEater spoke to one applicant for the Pitt-Jolie nanny job who said she was surprised by the strict requirements asked of the family's childcare providers.
Each child, we are told, is given their very own personal nanny, who is required to have a college degree in either education or child development and to speak at least two languages. In the case of Brad and Angie's adopted children from other countries, the nanny is question is expected to speak the language of the child's native land.
The job applicant must also be willing to travel. This is a biggie since the family splits their time between California, New Orleans, France and a number of movie sets on a yearly basis.
According to our source, the positions pay between $50,000 and $150,000 on a sliding scale to start. With six kids, childcare can easily run the Jolie-Pitts a cool million on a yearly basis.
The requirements make sense (and believe us we have heard crazier) since the family travels so often each caregiver will essentially be a one-on-one teacher for the kids when they aren't enrolled in school.
What we have to say is kudos to the Pitt-Jolie publicity machine for their careful pruning of these nannies from the official paparazzi shots the family releases to the press. You would think six extra well-educated bodies traveling with the fam would be easy to spot, but we rarely see anyone but Brad and Angie minding the crew.
MORE ABOUT Angelina Jolie
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Angelina Jolie Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Miley Cyrus blasts Katy Perry over kiss diss
- Isaiah Washington returning to ?Grey's Anatomy' seven years after controversial departure
- Bob Costas didn't get pink eye from bad Botox, NBC insists
- Pro-Russia Crimean Leadership Shuts Down Two Ukrainian TV Networks
- 'Veronica Mars' Movie Pools Pressure With Opportunity for Rob Thomas
- BBC TV Boss: More Channels Could Be Moved Online
- 10 things we learned from Benedict Cumberbatch's ?T Magazine' interview
- ?Reign' react: The royal wedding
- ?American Idol' 2014 results: The Top 12
- Jude Law Is Close to Joining Melissa McCarthy's Already Star-Packed 'Susan Cooper'
- The 'Sin City 2' Trailer Is Black and White and Badass (VIDEO)
- Lupita Nyong'o Oscars Lip Gloss Is Almost Completely Sold Out