Brad and Angelina's Strict Nanny Requirements
By Jo Piazza Posted Apr 19th 2011 05:15PM
We have always wondered how Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie appear to raise such a well mannered brood of six without going completely insane. The answer: nannies, a lot of nannies, an entire basketball team of nannies. PopEater spoke to one applicant for the Pitt-Jolie nanny job who said she was surprised by the strict requirements asked of the family's childcare providers.
Each child, we are told, is given their very own personal nanny, who is required to have a college degree in either education or child development and to speak at least two languages. In the case of Brad and Angie's adopted children from other countries, the nanny is question is expected to speak the language of the child's native land.
The job applicant must also be willing to travel. This is a biggie since the family splits their time between California, New Orleans, France and a number of movie sets on a yearly basis.
According to our source, the positions pay between $50,000 and $150,000 on a sliding scale to start. With six kids, childcare can easily run the Jolie-Pitts a cool million on a yearly basis.
The requirements make sense (and believe us we have heard crazier) since the family travels so often each caregiver will essentially be a one-on-one teacher for the kids when they aren't enrolled in school.
What we have to say is kudos to the Pitt-Jolie publicity machine for their careful pruning of these nannies from the official paparazzi shots the family releases to the press. You would think six extra well-educated bodies traveling with the fam would be easy to spot, but we rarely see anyone but Brad and Angie minding the crew.
MORE ABOUT Angelina Jolie
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Angelina Jolie Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Envelope snafu at Daytime Emmy Awards as 'Days' takes home top prize
- Amanda Bynes lunges at man who tries to take a photo: Who's the hottest mess in Hollywood?
- Report: Charlie Sheen tried to fire 'Anger Management' co-star Selma Blair
- Bruce Lee Statue Unveiled in L.A.'s Chinatown
- James Franco Seeks $500,000 in Crowdfunding for 'Palo Alto Stories' Trilogy
- James L. Brooks Joins AFI Conservatory as Artistic Director (Exclusive)
- Chris Harrison blogs ?The Bachelorette' episode 4
- Is there beauty in Adam Levine's neck beard?
- ?Mistresses' episode 3: Put down the blow torch
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- 'Prometheus' Sequel Gets a New Writer
- Ryan Gosling Finds His Leading Man for 'How to Catch a Monster'
- 'Turbo' Exclusive Clip: Ryan Reynolds Meets Samuel L. Jackson's Snail Crew (VIDEO)