Hoover Pulls Ads From ABC Following Soap Cancellations
By Sarah Crow Posted Apr 19th 2011 10:10AM
Vacuum company Hoover knows a thing or two about things that suck, and it's firmly placing that label on ABC's recent decision to cancel 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live.'
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the company is pulling all ads from the network in protest of their decision to axe the long-running soaps.
Hoover marketing exec Brian Kirkendall explained on the company's Facebook page, "I want you to know from me personally that we hear you loud and clear. My wife and mother are both passionate viewers of 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live,' as are many of my colleagues here at Hoover. ... We will discontinue our advertising with ABC this Friday, 4/22. We're making every attempt to pull our spots from these programs sooner."
Hoover has also created the email address SaveTheSoaps@hoover.com, where fans of the shows can lend their support to Hoover's mission.
"We're 150 percent committed to doing what matters most to you – so if there's anything else we can do to help or you have any ideas, please email this address, and we will respond to you personally," wrote Kirkendall. "Thank you for standing up for what matters to you! We need more of that in this world."
Thousands of fans have flooded Hoover's Facebook page in response to of their efforts.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- You Will Never Be As Stylish As These Two 2-Year-Old BFF Models: See Their Adorable Photos!
- Kim Kardashian Sexes Up Rolling Stone Cover, Opens Up About Brother Rob: "It's Not That Mysterious"
- Chrissy Teigen Strategically Covers Nipple After Instagram Deletes Topless Photo
- Donald Trump and Macy's end relationship, retailer will ‘phase-out' his menswear line
- Kendra Wilkinson and Hank Baskett describe incident with transgender model
- Carrie Underwood covers Wiz Khalifa's 'See You Again'
- Which Canadian Is Hotter: Ryan Gosling or Ryan Reynolds? Celebrate Canada Day and Play Our Game Now!
- Jim Carrey Goes on Twitter Rant Over California's Vaccine Bill, Calls Gov. Jerry Brown a "Corporate Fascist"
- Jessica Simpson's Son Ace Celebrates His 2nd Birthday, Channels His "Inner Harry Styles"—See the Pics!