Hoover Pulls Ads From ABC Following Soap Cancellations
By Sarah Crow Posted Apr 19th 2011 10:10AM
Vacuum company Hoover knows a thing or two about things that suck, and it's firmly placing that label on ABC's recent decision to cancel 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live.'
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the company is pulling all ads from the network in protest of their decision to axe the long-running soaps.
Hoover marketing exec Brian Kirkendall explained on the company's Facebook page, "I want you to know from me personally that we hear you loud and clear. My wife and mother are both passionate viewers of 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live,' as are many of my colleagues here at Hoover. ... We will discontinue our advertising with ABC this Friday, 4/22. We're making every attempt to pull our spots from these programs sooner."
Hoover has also created the email address SaveTheSoaps@hoover.com, where fans of the shows can lend their support to Hoover's mission.
"We're 150 percent committed to doing what matters most to you – so if there's anything else we can do to help or you have any ideas, please email this address, and we will respond to you personally," wrote Kirkendall. "Thank you for standing up for what matters to you! We need more of that in this world."
Thousands of fans have flooded Hoover's Facebook page in response to of their efforts.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Trista Sutter's Daughter Blakesley Reads Us Weekly, Looks in Awe of Desiree Hartsock, Chris Siegfried's Wedding Pics!
- Ryan Gosling Attempts His Best Australian Accent, Videobombs Russell Crowe While He's Presenting at the AACTA Awards -- Watch
- David Spade Spends $900K on Souped-Up Version of Joe Dirt Dodge Daytona Car, Says It's "Too Nice" to Drive!
- Rod McKuen, mega-selling poet and performer, dies at 81
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Jim Parsons to play God in Broadway show
- Blythe Danner: Even I don't understand my daughter Gwyneth Paltrow
- Check Out Padma Lakshmi's Bikini Bottoms: Her Friend Thinks It Looks Like She Has a Penis!
- Scandal Just Delivered One of The Most Heartbreaking & Heart-Racing Episodes of TV We've Ever Seen
- Parenthood Finale: Why the Show Ended That Way, and Scoop on the 7 Biggest Surprises