Hoover Pulls Ads From ABC Following Soap Cancellations
By Sarah Crow Posted Apr 19th 2011 10:10AM
Vacuum company Hoover knows a thing or two about things that suck, and it's firmly placing that label on ABC's recent decision to cancel 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live.'
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the company is pulling all ads from the network in protest of their decision to axe the long-running soaps.
Hoover marketing exec Brian Kirkendall explained on the company's Facebook page, "I want you to know from me personally that we hear you loud and clear. My wife and mother are both passionate viewers of 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live,' as are many of my colleagues here at Hoover. ... We will discontinue our advertising with ABC this Friday, 4/22. We're making every attempt to pull our spots from these programs sooner."
Hoover has also created the email address SaveTheSoaps@hoover.com, where fans of the shows can lend their support to Hoover's mission.
"We're 150 percent committed to doing what matters most to you – so if there's anything else we can do to help or you have any ideas, please email this address, and we will respond to you personally," wrote Kirkendall. "Thank you for standing up for what matters to you! We need more of that in this world."
Thousands of fans have flooded Hoover's Facebook page in response to of their efforts.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Melissa Rivers Inherits Over $100 Million of Joan Rivers' Estate; Matthew McConaughey Hits Red Carpet With Adorable Kids: Top 5 Stories
- Jennifer Lopez Buys $22 Million New York City Apartment Next Door to Chelsea Clinton: Details
- Bewitched Reboot Scores NBC Deal: New Show Will Follow Samantha's Granddaughter Daphne
- Hank Baskett Caught Wearing Wedding Band While Grocery Shopping ? After Kendra Kicked Him To The Curb
- Jodi Arias Seeking Help From Admirers To Help Raise $250,000 For Appeals ? Has Already Raised $30,000
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chrissy Teigen criticized for tweets on Ottawa shooting
- In defense of Renee Zellweger's face
- Tyga Disses Drake by Calling Him "Fake," Sets the Record Straight on Kylie Jenner Dating Rumors
- Sorry, Clown Club! AHS Introduces Yet Another Creepy Clown: Our Rants and Raves
- Elizabeth Hurley Gets in the Disney Spirit During Mother-Son London Outing—See the Pic!