Lindsay Lohan No Longer in Talks For Gotti Movie
By Sarah Crow Posted Apr 20th 2011 02:45PM
Lindsay Lohan is no longer up for the role of Victoria Gotti, daughter of legendary mob boss John Gotti, in the upcoming film 'Gotti: Three Generations.'
"We are not talking any further about Lindsay playing Victoria," says the film's producer, Mark Fiore. "She is no longer being considered. The talks have stopped. We are going to meet with other people."
Just days before the news was announced, Lohan attended a press conference with Victoria Gotti and John Travolta, who has signed on to play the Gotti family patriarch.
Both Victoria Gotti and Travolta sang the actress's praises during the event, with the former saying of the star, "I think she's doing great; I think she's going to continue to do great and she's got a lot of people rooting for her."
Travolta added, "I've always thought [Lohan] was gorgeous and talented and filled with a lot of depth. So, I think that whatever she would like to do would be great with me."
While there has been speculation that studios may be wary of signing Lohan to projects because of the high cost to insure the troubled star, Fiore tells PEOPLE, "Her legal case has nothing to do with it. We just couldn't reach terms."
Following Lohan's lead is 'The Notebook' director Nick Cassavetes, who is no longer attached to the film due to scheduling conflicts. "We were just not willing to put Gotti on hold so we decided to release him from the film," says Fiore.
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Jon Hamm, star of the hit series "Mad Men", is spotted filming scenes for the upcoming season. Jon was all smiles while filming in a red, vintage Imperial convertible.
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Stars without the warpaint
- Woman has surgery to get a third breast, hopes to become a TV star
- Taylor Swift shows off sexiest look yet at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- TV Ratings:
- 'Scorpion': What Happens When a Certified Genius Crashes the Writers Room?
- 'Gotham's' Ben McKenzie on Playing Gordon: True to DC Spirit But a New Chapter
- ?South Park' criticizes Washington Redskins owner with scathing promo
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album
- ?Box Office: How Did 'The Maze Runner' Break the YA Curse?
- Weekend Box Office: 'The Maze Runner' Sprints to No. 1
- Jimmy Fallon Got a Shirtless James Franco and Seth Rogen for His Birthday (VIDEO)