Jimmy Fallon's 'Late Night' Renewed for Third Season
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Apr 21st 2011 03:50PM
Although his rise to the top of the late night totem pole was at first an uncertain one, Jimmy Fallon has proved that he's more than comfortable in his interviewing chair. According to Entertainment Weekly, Fallon's contract was renewed earlier this year, binding him to the show until early 2012, at least.
According to EW, Fallon's ratings were up 16 percent, averaging 1.8 million viewers per show. NBC's 'Last Call with Carson Daly' and Jay Leno's 'The Tonight Show' were also renewed for another season.
From 'Thank You Notes' to delightful musical snacks, it's no wonder that Fallon is raking in some big numbers. Take a look back at some of the NBC golden boy's most defining (and hilarious) moments so far:
In this session of thank you note writing, Fallon thanks Helen Mirren for posing nude in New York Magazine: "It's good to see you're still a proud member of SAG."
In this clip, Fallon, as Neil Young, covers the lyrical genius that is Willow Smith's 'Whip My Hair,' before turning the tune into a duet with surprise guest, Bruce Springsteen.
And, of course, the legendary Roots are the cherry on top of the 'Late Night' sundae. Here
?estlove throws down some sick beats for a 'Remix the Clips' segment.
MORE ABOUT Jimmy Fallon
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jimmy Fallon Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Fifty Shades of Grey New Trailer: Christian Grey Asks "Do You Trust Me?"
- Jennifer Aniston's Cake Costar Camille Guaty on Her Weight Gain: People Thought She Was Pregnant!
- Harry Styles: Did He Send Taylor Swift 1,989 Red Roses? Watch Tell All in Video!
- Kim Richards Dog Victim Says ?I Don't Believe' She Gave Pitbull To Trainer For Good ? Lawsuit Gets Ugly
- Polish town bans Winnie the Pooh mascot from playground for being hermaphrodite
- Rapper facing life in prison for 'promoting gang violence' on album cover
- Britain still grappling with barrage of celebrity sex abuse