Stephen Colbert Will Sail to the Bermuda Triangle
By Jo Piazza Posted Apr 21st 2011 01:15PM
The Comedy Central talk show host has partnered with Audi in the biennial Charleston Bermuda Race. Colbert will be the boat's "Morale Officer" and will set sail this May 21st on a 65-foot ocean-racing yacht dubbed, "The Audi." This marks Colbert's second time competing in the 777-mile racing event and his first year as Honorary Captain of the Fleet.
"If you're going to win a race, you want to be in an Audi," exclaimed Colbert at an event announcing his partnership on Wednesday. "I tried bolting a mast and sail to an S5 cabriolet and took her for spin on the harbor, and the results were, well...moist! So I decided if I couldn't sail an Audi, I would ask them to sponsor my boat."
Traveling around the Bermuda Triangle, the Charleston-Bermuda Race has been named one of the most challenging races in the Western hemisphere. The event will kick off in Charleston Harbor, South Carolina, and will commence at the fleets' arrival in Bermuda with a three-day party.
Colbert really didn't learn his lesson about making bets he can't win.
"I am challenging any and all sailors who think they can beat me. I'm talking to you, Richard Branson, Larry Ellison, Paul Allen, are you listening you sand crabs?" Colbert parried.
We'll see who takes up the challenge.
MORE ABOUT Stephen Colbert
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Stephen Colbert Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jessica Simpson Gets Sexy Short Haircut, Shows Off Lighter Locks: Instagram Picture
- George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin Celebrate Second Wedding Bash: Details
- Mama June's Daughter Anna Cardwell Claims She Was Molested By Mother's Boyfriend
- Jake Steinfeld Joins Governors Across The Country To Open Live Positively Fitness Centers
- More Problems For Leah Messer! ‘Teen Mom 2′ Star & Husband Jeremy Calvert Hit With A $10K Tax Lien
- Cream vocalist, bassist Jack Bruce dies at 71
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Wow! Jessica Simpson Keeps it Short as She Debuts Brand New Haircut—Take a Look!
- George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Celebrate Wedding With Intimate Dinner Party—All the Details!
- Katy Perry Turns 30 Today! Celebrate the Singer's Birthday by Looking Back at Her Hair Changes Through the Years