Stephen Colbert Will Sail to the Bermuda Triangle
By Jo Piazza Posted Apr 21st 2011 01:15PM
The Comedy Central talk show host has partnered with Audi in the biennial Charleston Bermuda Race. Colbert will be the boat's "Morale Officer" and will set sail this May 21st on a 65-foot ocean-racing yacht dubbed, "The Audi." This marks Colbert's second time competing in the 777-mile racing event and his first year as Honorary Captain of the Fleet.
"If you're going to win a race, you want to be in an Audi," exclaimed Colbert at an event announcing his partnership on Wednesday. "I tried bolting a mast and sail to an S5 cabriolet and took her for spin on the harbor, and the results were, well...moist! So I decided if I couldn't sail an Audi, I would ask them to sponsor my boat."
Traveling around the Bermuda Triangle, the Charleston-Bermuda Race has been named one of the most challenging races in the Western hemisphere. The event will kick off in Charleston Harbor, South Carolina, and will commence at the fleets' arrival in Bermuda with a three-day party.
Colbert really didn't learn his lesson about making bets he can't win.
"I am challenging any and all sailors who think they can beat me. I'm talking to you, Richard Branson, Larry Ellison, Paul Allen, are you listening you sand crabs?" Colbert parried.
We'll see who takes up the challenge.
MORE ABOUT Stephen Colbert
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Stephen Colbert Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Couple Leaves Waiter a $100 Tip for Bad Service; See George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin's First Wedding Photo: Top 5 Stories
- Ben Affleck Goes Full Frontal in Gone Girl, Jokes His Penis "Looks Better in 3-D!"
- Sofia Vergara, Joe Manganiello Go On Double Date With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Tatum -- See the Hot Pics!
- No R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Aretha Franklin Lets It All? Hang Out After David Letterman Taping – See The Pictures!
- Tracy Morgan Fights Back, ?Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Is Blaming Him For Deadly Car Accident
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Anita Baker sued by lawyer who claims she owes him money
- Country trio Lady Antebellum's adult sound on new album '747'
- Twilight Making a Comeback With Short Films on Facebook—and Kristen Stewart Is Involved!
- Tiger Woods Is Ready to Heat Up the Kitchen By Opening a Brand-New Restaurant—Get the Details!
- Gone Girl Star Emily Ratajkowski's Cleavage Is Insane on Cosmopolitan Cover—but We're Not Complaining