Stephen Colbert Will Sail to the Bermuda Triangle
By Jo Piazza Posted Apr 21st 2011 01:15PM
The Comedy Central talk show host has partnered with Audi in the biennial Charleston Bermuda Race. Colbert will be the boat's "Morale Officer" and will set sail this May 21st on a 65-foot ocean-racing yacht dubbed, "The Audi." This marks Colbert's second time competing in the 777-mile racing event and his first year as Honorary Captain of the Fleet.
"If you're going to win a race, you want to be in an Audi," exclaimed Colbert at an event announcing his partnership on Wednesday. "I tried bolting a mast and sail to an S5 cabriolet and took her for spin on the harbor, and the results were, well...moist! So I decided if I couldn't sail an Audi, I would ask them to sponsor my boat."
Traveling around the Bermuda Triangle, the Charleston-Bermuda Race has been named one of the most challenging races in the Western hemisphere. The event will kick off in Charleston Harbor, South Carolina, and will commence at the fleets' arrival in Bermuda with a three-day party.
Colbert really didn't learn his lesson about making bets he can't win.
"I am challenging any and all sailors who think they can beat me. I'm talking to you, Richard Branson, Larry Ellison, Paul Allen, are you listening you sand crabs?" Colbert parried.
We'll see who takes up the challenge.
MORE ABOUT Stephen Colbert
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Stephen Colbert Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nicki Minaj's Backup Dancer Gets Bitten By Boa Constrictor Snake During VMAs Rehearsal
- Jonathan Lipnicki of Jerry Maguire Fame Stars in Hilarious "You Used to Be Cute" Child Star Sketch
- Diem Brown of MTV's The Challenge Is Battling Cancer For the Third Time
- Kellan Lutz Arrives At The SLS Las Vegas Grand Opening
- Something's Frozen In Jersey? JWoww Says She'd Use Botox, Consults RHONJ Ladies' Doctor
- North Carolina film incentives chopped
- Lauren Bacall leaves $10,000 for her beloved dog in will
- Pam Anderson criticizes ALS ice bucket challenge