Stephen Colbert Will Sail to the Bermuda Triangle
By Jo Piazza Posted Apr 21st 2011 01:15PM
The Comedy Central talk show host has partnered with Audi in the biennial Charleston Bermuda Race. Colbert will be the boat's "Morale Officer" and will set sail this May 21st on a 65-foot ocean-racing yacht dubbed, "The Audi." This marks Colbert's second time competing in the 777-mile racing event and his first year as Honorary Captain of the Fleet.
"If you're going to win a race, you want to be in an Audi," exclaimed Colbert at an event announcing his partnership on Wednesday. "I tried bolting a mast and sail to an S5 cabriolet and took her for spin on the harbor, and the results were, well...moist! So I decided if I couldn't sail an Audi, I would ask them to sponsor my boat."
Traveling around the Bermuda Triangle, the Charleston-Bermuda Race has been named one of the most challenging races in the Western hemisphere. The event will kick off in Charleston Harbor, South Carolina, and will commence at the fleets' arrival in Bermuda with a three-day party.
Colbert really didn't learn his lesson about making bets he can't win.
"I am challenging any and all sailors who think they can beat me. I'm talking to you, Richard Branson, Larry Ellison, Paul Allen, are you listening you sand crabs?" Colbert parried.
We'll see who takes up the challenge.
MORE ABOUT Stephen Colbert
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Stephen Colbert Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Khloe Kardashian Steps Out in Eye-Catching Ensemble, Mila Kunis Flashes Engagement Ring From Ashton Kutcher: Top Weekend Stories
- Jared Leto, Brother Shannon Leto Give Smoldering Stares in Bold, Printed Shirts: See the Sexy Picture
- Taylor Swift, Lorde Pal Around New York City: See the Goofy Picture
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- '300' sequel tops box office with $45.1M debut
- Reality polygamy family says 'It's like coming out of the closet' doing the show
- Raunchy Johnny Carson sex tape reportedly being shopped around