Malin Akerman Dishes On 'The Bang Bang Club'
By Ben Trivett Posted Apr 22nd 2011 10:30AM
This year's Tribeca Film Festival kicked off with a bang, featuring the release of the highly anticipated film 'The Bang Bang Club.' This flick brings together the incredible talents of Malin Akerman, Taylor Kitsch and Ryan Phillippe as part of a team of conflict journalists in South Africa during apartheid. This incredibly tense drama shows a very accurate portrayal of what it's like to be on the frontlines of a world-changing conflict. The film is based on the life of photojournalist Greg Marinovich, played by Phillippe.
We were able to sit down and talk with Akerman about her role in the movie, the tense emotions of filming in South Africa and her thoughts on the two conflict photographers who were killed recently on the frontlines. Check out what Akerman had to say below.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?The Bachelor' recap: Juan Pablo makes his choice in awkward, unprecedented finale
- Miley Cyrus fan sneaks into star's dressing room, leaves note, police say
- FOX411's pic of the day
- John Woo to Head Jury at Beijing Film Festival
- Bizarre Love Letter From Ernest Hemingway to Marlene Dietrich Goes to Auction
- SXSW: Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg on Senate Jerks, N-Word Jokes and Growing Up 'Incrementally' (Q&A)
- ?Believe' react: Life doesn't wait for long
- ?How I Met Your Mother' react: Lily's got a secret and the Mosby Boys return!
- ?The Bachelor' finale: ?Whoo! I'm glad I didn't pick her!'
- Box Office: 'Mr. Peabody & Sherman' Could Lose DreamWorks $84 Million
- 'Batman vs. Superman' Production Begins in Michigan?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': 7 Things You Need to Know About the Intergalactic Epic