Malin Akerman Dishes On 'The Bang Bang Club'
By Ben Trivett Posted Apr 22nd 2011 10:30AM
This year's Tribeca Film Festival kicked off with a bang, featuring the release of the highly anticipated film 'The Bang Bang Club.' This flick brings together the incredible talents of Malin Akerman, Taylor Kitsch and Ryan Phillippe as part of a team of conflict journalists in South Africa during apartheid. This incredibly tense drama shows a very accurate portrayal of what it's like to be on the frontlines of a world-changing conflict. The film is based on the life of photojournalist Greg Marinovich, played by Phillippe.
We were able to sit down and talk with Akerman about her role in the movie, the tense emotions of filming in South Africa and her thoughts on the two conflict photographers who were killed recently on the frontlines. Check out what Akerman had to say below.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- What are Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert hiding in sealed divorce records?
- Who knew? Surprising celebrity facts
- Out of their league: Ugly guys who date bombshells
- DreamWorks Animation to Launch TV Channel in Thailand
- Venice Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 72nd Edition
- Cara Delevingne Mocked for Attitude in Morning Show Interview: "Take a Little Nap"
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Best of Late Night TV: Simon Pegg's Drunk Ron Weasley, Jimmy Kimmel Shames Cecil the Lion's Killer
- Recap of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 6 Episode 8: A's Right Hand Man Revealed?
- Brittany Snow Will Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3,' Too