Malin Akerman Dishes On 'The Bang Bang Club'
By Ben Trivett Posted Apr 22nd 2011 10:30AM
This year's Tribeca Film Festival kicked off with a bang, featuring the release of the highly anticipated film 'The Bang Bang Club.' This flick brings together the incredible talents of Malin Akerman, Taylor Kitsch and Ryan Phillippe as part of a team of conflict journalists in South Africa during apartheid. This incredibly tense drama shows a very accurate portrayal of what it's like to be on the frontlines of a world-changing conflict. The film is based on the life of photojournalist Greg Marinovich, played by Phillippe.
We were able to sit down and talk with Akerman about her role in the movie, the tense emotions of filming in South Africa and her thoughts on the two conflict photographers who were killed recently on the frontlines. Check out what Akerman had to say below.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Chuck Norris vs. Communism': How American movies helped overthrow Romanian regime
- Meghan Trainor and Harry Styles sing a song about love
- Miss USA's message of peace and love to terrorists widely mocked
- Watch John Oliver Audition for 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Sundance: Keanu Reeves Makes Two Enticing Friends in 'Knock Knock' Teaser
- Watch 'Full House' Cast Reunite, Sing Theme Song
- ?Full House' cast members reunite, serenade creator with theme song
- Official ?Madden' Super Bowl simulation predicts narrow 4th-quarter victory for Patriots
- Recap of Revenge Episode 14: Escape To Witch Mountain
- SAG Awards 2015 Winners: The Full List
- Mark Ruffalo Asleep When He Won 2015 SAG Award, Gives Speech on Twitter