Malin Akerman Dishes On 'The Bang Bang Club'
By Ben Trivett Posted Apr 22nd 2011 10:30AM
This year's Tribeca Film Festival kicked off with a bang, featuring the release of the highly anticipated film 'The Bang Bang Club.' This flick brings together the incredible talents of Malin Akerman, Taylor Kitsch and Ryan Phillippe as part of a team of conflict journalists in South Africa during apartheid. This incredibly tense drama shows a very accurate portrayal of what it's like to be on the frontlines of a world-changing conflict. The film is based on the life of photojournalist Greg Marinovich, played by Phillippe.
We were able to sit down and talk with Akerman about her role in the movie, the tense emotions of filming in South Africa and her thoughts on the two conflict photographers who were killed recently on the frontlines. Check out what Akerman had to say below.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- LeAnn Rimes blasted for joking she 'raped' her boyfriend at age 16
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt quietly married on Saturday
- Hello Kitty not a cat, company says ... or is she?
- Netflix's 'Marco Polo' Gets Premiere Date
- LeBron James Pulls Back on Hollywood Projects (Exclusive)
- Watch Amazon's Third Set of Pilots, Starring Adam Brody, Selma Blair and Ron Perlman
- Marvel will reissue all those Dark Horse ?Star Wars' comics that didn't really happen
- Hello Kitty isn't a cat, but is anything really anything anymore, man?
- H. Jon Benjamin makes a crazy Kenny Loggins Kickstarter even crazier
- Facebook Owns Neal Brennan's Face in This 'The Congress' Trailer Review (VIDEO)
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie Get Married in Private Ceremony
- 'Swearnet': Mike Smith, Robb Wells, John Paul Tremblay Take on Censors (NSFW VIDEO)