Malin Akerman Dishes On 'The Bang Bang Club'
By Ben Trivett Posted Apr 22nd 2011 10:30AM
This year's Tribeca Film Festival kicked off with a bang, featuring the release of the highly anticipated film 'The Bang Bang Club.' This flick brings together the incredible talents of Malin Akerman, Taylor Kitsch and Ryan Phillippe as part of a team of conflict journalists in South Africa during apartheid. This incredibly tense drama shows a very accurate portrayal of what it's like to be on the frontlines of a world-changing conflict. The film is based on the life of photojournalist Greg Marinovich, played by Phillippe.
We were able to sit down and talk with Akerman about her role in the movie, the tense emotions of filming in South Africa and her thoughts on the two conflict photographers who were killed recently on the frontlines. Check out what Akerman had to say below.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Garth Brooks spills the beans, announces upcoming world tour
- Sarah Palin's 'Amazing America' to air on Sportsman Channel next year
- Disney Diva! Selena Gomez drops F-bomb and storms off stage at Jingle Ball
- TV Ratings: 'Bonnie & Clyde' Pulls 9.8 Million Viewers Across Three Nets
- Steven Spielberg's Longtime Editor Michael Kahn Tapped for 'Pele' (Exclusive)
- CBS Orders Mark Burnett Mini 'The Dovekeepers' for 2015
- Fran Drescher joins Broadway's ?Cinderella' as wicked stepmother
- Debra Messing and Eric McCormack discuss ?Will & Grace' legacy, karaoke, and ?Breaking Bad'
- Bryan Singer to Direct 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- 'Scarface': 25 Things You Didn't Know About Al Pacino's Classic Crime Drama
- Box Office: Will 'Frozen' & 'Catching Fire' Awaken Hollywood to the Drawing Power of Women?