Malin Akerman Dishes On 'The Bang Bang Club'
By Ben Trivett Posted Apr 22nd 2011 10:30AM
This year's Tribeca Film Festival kicked off with a bang, featuring the release of the highly anticipated film 'The Bang Bang Club.' This flick brings together the incredible talents of Malin Akerman, Taylor Kitsch and Ryan Phillippe as part of a team of conflict journalists in South Africa during apartheid. This incredibly tense drama shows a very accurate portrayal of what it's like to be on the frontlines of a world-changing conflict. The film is based on the life of photojournalist Greg Marinovich, played by Phillippe.
We were able to sit down and talk with Akerman about her role in the movie, the tense emotions of filming in South Africa and her thoughts on the two conflict photographers who were killed recently on the frontlines. Check out what Akerman had to say below.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kelly Clarkson finally nabs a duet partner: Jimmy Fallon
- ?NBC Nightly News' wins February sweep despite Brian Williams suspension
- Brown family reportedly filming reality show amid Bobbi Kristina tragedy
- Spike TV Rebrands, Inks Deal With Dwayne Johnson
- When Wes Anderson Meets 'X-Men' (Video)
- ABC's 'Uncle Buck' to Star Mike Epps
- 13 Sci-Fi Movies That Redefine the Genre
- 'The Breakfast Club' to Get Restoration & SXSW Screening for 30th Anniversary
- 14 Perfect Claire Dunphy Moments