Malin Akerman Dishes On 'The Bang Bang Club'
By Ben Trivett Posted Apr 22nd 2011 10:30AM
This year's Tribeca Film Festival kicked off with a bang, featuring the release of the highly anticipated film 'The Bang Bang Club.' This flick brings together the incredible talents of Malin Akerman, Taylor Kitsch and Ryan Phillippe as part of a team of conflict journalists in South Africa during apartheid. This incredibly tense drama shows a very accurate portrayal of what it's like to be on the frontlines of a world-changing conflict. The film is based on the life of photojournalist Greg Marinovich, played by Phillippe.
We were able to sit down and talk with Akerman about her role in the movie, the tense emotions of filming in South Africa and her thoughts on the two conflict photographers who were killed recently on the frontlines. Check out what Akerman had to say below.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Miranda Kerr tweets topless shot after Justin Bieber, Orlando Bloom dust-up
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Ireland Baldwin channels Kim Basinger in '9 1/2 Weeks'
- 'Sharknado 2': Craziest Kills, Cheesiest Lines (Video)
- China Lion Film to Release Nicholas Tse Starrer 'But Always' in North America, Australia and N.Z.
- Robert Halmi Sr., Legendary TV Producer, Dies at 90
- Watch Vin Diesel say ?I am Groot' in French, Spanish, Mandarin, and more
- Elijah Wood on the celeb breakup he's still not over
- Other DC Comics characters we want on ?Arrow' and ?The Flash'
- Here's What's New on Netflix for August 2014
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Rejects: Sci-Fi Icons Who Got Cut From Marvel's Space Team
- Jamie Foxx Is in Talks to Play Mike Tyson, Says Mike Tyson