Melania Trump on Donald's Legs, Hatred of Shorts and Reverse Courtship
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 22nd 2011 02:00PM
"Donald has beautiful legs" is not what you expect to hear in an interview with Melania Trump, but that's what I got when I chatted with the stunning model this week about her eponymous line of jewelry and timepieces. Melania certainly loves her billionaire beau, who is flirting with a presidential run and leading in many polls, and shared with me just how she snared him to be her husband.
"It's a little bit of a different story than what you normally hear," she told me about how they first got together. You see, she insisted on getting his personal phone numbers and not the other way around!
"I promised to him, I said we'll see what kind of number you give me. If he would [have] given me a business number, well, I'm not doing business with him," she says. "So he gave me all his numbers, home, business. And I called him, because he gave all the right numbers he was supposed to give me! And I called him and you know, we started dating and had a long courtship."
Fast forward about five years and Trump and the then-Melania Knauss became engaged. They were at a gala event at the Met on her birthday when he popped the question. Not that it was much of a surprise, but still.
"Yes, because he asked me already," she admits. "We discussed before, so when he asked me, of course I said yes."
Six years and one son later, the couple are happier than ever and Melania is not afraid to lavish Donald with praise, even for things like his much-critiqued hair style.
"I like it. It's great! I don't imagine him with any other hairdo," she says. "I think he looks very handsome and everybody's attacking it and I don't know why. He feels good about it and that's it!"
About those legs ... "Very long and beautifully shaped legs," in fact, Melania says. "We don't see it much. He never wears shorts. It's not his style, not even for golf. He's formal and I like that. I don't like shorts on a man."
And Melania also reveals that she and Donald share a hatred for sandals, on men at least. "Never liked it and my husband doesn't like it either." Duly noted!
While her husband is out preparing a likely run for president and causing a stir with his focus on President Obama's birth certificate (She Wants to See It, Too), Melania is busy with another passion: her jewelry line.
Her 'Melania' collection is all her and has "nothing to do with Donald," she says. "Nothing to do with Donald. This is my business. My 5-year-old son Barron is in school now, so I drop him off and go to meetings. It's something very creative for me. It's really in me and it's with all my heart."
Melania is proud of her work and will be pitching her beautiful (and affordable) collection on QVC on Monday, April 25 at 1 PM and 11 PM ET.
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Donald Trump
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Donald Trump Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bachelorette Alum Brooks Forester Recalls Bonding With Eric Hill on Epic Motorcycle Trip to Mexico
- Jenny McCarthy, Donnie Wahlberg Married: Actress, NKOTB Alum Wed
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leaked, Spokesperson Calls It "Flagrant Violation of Privacy"
- Hackers Strike Again! Nude Photos of Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton, Ariana Grande & More Hit The Internet
- Alec Baldwin avoids arrest after scuffle with photographer
- Nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence leaked online by hacker
- 'Star Wars' actors tight lipped about upcoming movie
- Brrr, It's Cold in Storybrooke! Check Out Frozen's Elsa On Once Upon A Time in New Teaser
- Lauren Conrad's Bridal Shower Is Even More Beautiful Than You Thought it Would Be—Take a Look!
- Dorothy Wang Slowly Recovers From Her Breakup and Brendan Fitzpatrick Decides to Get Hair Plugs—See the #RichKids Recap!