Tribeca Film Festival Starts Off With a 'Bang Bang'
By Elizabeth Yun Posted Apr 22nd 2011 06:29PM
The lens gets turned on these brave, and arguably a little crazy, photojournalists -- particularly four notorious ones who documented the violence following the end of apartheid in South Africa -- in Steven Silver's 'The Bang Bang Club.' The Bang Bang Club, as Kevin Carter (Taylor Kitsch), Greg Marinovich (Ryan Phillippe), Ken Oosterbroek (Frank Rautenbach) and Joao Silva (Neels Van Jaarsveld) came to be known, were a motley crew of fearless photographers in the '90s whose images shocked the world.
PopEater caught up with Silver and stars Phillippe, Kitsch and Malin Akerman to talk about whether they have what it takes to be part of a real Bang Bang Club at the Tribeca Film Festival premiere in New York City.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Break Time: Is Sofia Vergara losing her curves?
- Kim Kardashian criticized for donating just 10 percent of ?charity auction' to typhoon victims
- Gym, Tan, Pokey? ?Jersey Shore' star's grand jury ?Situation'
- Chinese Studios Option Canadian Comedies at Whistler For Co-Productions
- Set Designer Roland Everett Hill Jr. Dies at 84
- ESPN to Air More of Will Ferrell's Ron Burgundy Chat With Peyton Manning
- Remembering Madiba: Paul Simon, Bill Clinton, P. Diddy, more share thoughts on Nelson Mandela
- Morgan Freeman on Nelson Mandela, plus a tribute to Madiba with the actors who've played him ? VIDEO
- ?Sound of Music': We live blogged it!
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95: Idris Elba, Morgan Freeman Pay Tribute to the South African Icon
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse': Bryan Singer Announces 2016 Follow-Up to 'Days of Future Past'
- 'A Christmas Story' Pole Scene Hilariously Re-Created on NYC Subway (VIDEO)