Tribeca Film Festival Starts Off With a 'Bang Bang'
By Elizabeth Yun Posted Apr 22nd 2011 06:29PM
The lens gets turned on these brave, and arguably a little crazy, photojournalists -- particularly four notorious ones who documented the violence following the end of apartheid in South Africa -- in Steven Silver's 'The Bang Bang Club.' The Bang Bang Club, as Kevin Carter (Taylor Kitsch), Greg Marinovich (Ryan Phillippe), Ken Oosterbroek (Frank Rautenbach) and Joao Silva (Neels Van Jaarsveld) came to be known, were a motley crew of fearless photographers in the '90s whose images shocked the world.
PopEater caught up with Silver and stars Phillippe, Kitsch and Malin Akerman to talk about whether they have what it takes to be part of a real Bang Bang Club at the Tribeca Film Festival premiere in New York City.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alec Baldwin avoids arrest after scuffle with photographer
- Nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence leaked online by hacker
- 'Star Wars' actors tight lipped about upcoming movie
- North Korea Calls Upcoming U.K. Series a 'Slanderous Farce'
- Lars Von Trier to Take on TV with 'The House That Jack Built'
- ?Gone With The Bullets' Takes Aim At 'Transformers' China Record
- Summer Box Office 2014: What Went Wrong?
- The Cast of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Does the Baby Groot Dance (VIDEO)
- What Makes a Great TV Series Finale?