Tribeca Film Festival Starts Off With a 'Bang Bang'
By Elizabeth Yun Posted Apr 22nd 2011 06:29PM
The lens gets turned on these brave, and arguably a little crazy, photojournalists -- particularly four notorious ones who documented the violence following the end of apartheid in South Africa -- in Steven Silver's 'The Bang Bang Club.' The Bang Bang Club, as Kevin Carter (Taylor Kitsch), Greg Marinovich (Ryan Phillippe), Ken Oosterbroek (Frank Rautenbach) and Joao Silva (Neels Van Jaarsveld) came to be known, were a motley crew of fearless photographers in the '90s whose images shocked the world.
PopEater caught up with Silver and stars Phillippe, Kitsch and Malin Akerman to talk about whether they have what it takes to be part of a real Bang Bang Club at the Tribeca Film Festival premiere in New York City.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti hopes ?San Andreas' gets city to prepare
- U2 delivers hits, politics, high-tech stage gimmicks on new tour
- '19 Kids and Counting' scandal: Walgreens, Payless and Choice Hotels pull ads
- Patricia Highsmith's 'Ripley' Book Series Headed to TV (Exclusive)
- 'Inside Amy Schumer': Bill Nye Explains the Universe Is Really All About White Women In Their Twenties
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' Takes On Bill Cosby Sex Scandal
- Watch Amy Schumer 'Defend' Bill Cosby Against Rape Charges in Bold Sketch
- This 'Redneck Avengers' Bad Lip Reading Is Worthy of a Real TV Series
- Robert Redford Takes a Hike in First 'A Walk in the Woods' Trailer