Tribeca Film Festival Starts Off With a 'Bang Bang'
By Elizabeth Yun Posted Apr 22nd 2011 06:29PM
The lens gets turned on these brave, and arguably a little crazy, photojournalists -- particularly four notorious ones who documented the violence following the end of apartheid in South Africa -- in Steven Silver's 'The Bang Bang Club.' The Bang Bang Club, as Kevin Carter (Taylor Kitsch), Greg Marinovich (Ryan Phillippe), Ken Oosterbroek (Frank Rautenbach) and Joao Silva (Neels Van Jaarsveld) came to be known, were a motley crew of fearless photographers in the '90s whose images shocked the world.
PopEater caught up with Silver and stars Phillippe, Kitsch and Malin Akerman to talk about whether they have what it takes to be part of a real Bang Bang Club at the Tribeca Film Festival premiere in New York City.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- J.K. Rowling writes backstory for Potter character
- NBCUniversal settles lawsuit with unpaid interns for $6.4 million
- Utah guards face career-ending penalties over bikini photo shoot
- Watch Intense New Trailer for Fox's Hip-Hop Drama 'Empire'
- ABC's 'Manhattan Love Story' Canceled
- Morelia Film Fest: Transgender Drama 'Carmin Tropical' Wins Top Prize
- ?Constantine' star Matt Ryan is a super binge watcher
- Entertainment Geekly: How ?The Walking Dead' is ?Lord of the Rings'
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch try to walk like Beyonce
- Miles Teller, J.K. Simmons on 'Whiplash,' Drumming and Stoking Passion
- Wanted: Female Director for DC Comics 'Wonder Woman' Movie
- 'Whiplash' Director Damien Chazelle on His Film's Success and the Burdens of Drumming