Tribeca Film Festival Starts Off With a 'Bang Bang'
By Elizabeth Yun Posted Apr 22nd 2011 06:29PM
The lens gets turned on these brave, and arguably a little crazy, photojournalists -- particularly four notorious ones who documented the violence following the end of apartheid in South Africa -- in Steven Silver's 'The Bang Bang Club.' The Bang Bang Club, as Kevin Carter (Taylor Kitsch), Greg Marinovich (Ryan Phillippe), Ken Oosterbroek (Frank Rautenbach) and Joao Silva (Neels Van Jaarsveld) came to be known, were a motley crew of fearless photographers in the '90s whose images shocked the world.
PopEater caught up with Silver and stars Phillippe, Kitsch and Malin Akerman to talk about whether they have what it takes to be part of a real Bang Bang Club at the Tribeca Film Festival premiere in New York City.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- California high court won't review conviction of Michael Jackson's doctor
- Hollywood sex abuse suit: Theater producer denies allegations
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies after parachute accident
- Emily Browning in Talks to Join Tom Hardy in Crime Thriller 'Legend'
- Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis Welcome a Baby Boy
- Sid Caesar and Carl Reiner to Be Honored at L.A. Jewish Film Festival
- ?Survivor: Cagayan': And the eliminated contestant is?
- ?Game of Thrones' workout plan will give you Kingslayer abs
- This guy is going to collect every VHS copy of ?Speed' in the world (also, he's taller)
- Forget 'Jem,' Now Barbie Is Getting Her Own Movie Franchise
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 2: Watch the First 50 Seconds of Episode 1 (VIDEO)
- Here Are All the HBO Shows Coming to Amazon Prime