Tribeca Film Festival Starts Off With a 'Bang Bang'
By Elizabeth Yun Posted Apr 22nd 2011 06:29PM
The lens gets turned on these brave, and arguably a little crazy, photojournalists -- particularly four notorious ones who documented the violence following the end of apartheid in South Africa -- in Steven Silver's 'The Bang Bang Club.' The Bang Bang Club, as Kevin Carter (Taylor Kitsch), Greg Marinovich (Ryan Phillippe), Ken Oosterbroek (Frank Rautenbach) and Joao Silva (Neels Van Jaarsveld) came to be known, were a motley crew of fearless photographers in the '90s whose images shocked the world.
PopEater caught up with Silver and stars Phillippe, Kitsch and Malin Akerman to talk about whether they have what it takes to be part of a real Bang Bang Club at the Tribeca Film Festival premiere in New York City.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza spared prison over campaign funds violation
- Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn to star in season 2 of HBO's 'True Detective' series
- Sex Comedy 'The Little Death' Goes to Magnolia
- It's Official: Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn to Star in 'True Detective'
- TV News' Climate Change Coverage Tends to Focus on Disasters, Study Says
- Netflix has a website for people who love spoilers
- Robin Williams' Mork spacesuit is going up for auction
- Ana Gasteyer apologizes to (and cooks with) Martha Stewart
- Jon Hamm Told His Girlfriend How 'Mad Men' Ends
- 'Taken 3' Is Now Known as 'Tak3n,' May Be Last in Franchise
- Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell Confirmed for 'True Detective' Season 2