Tribeca Film Festival Starts Off With a 'Bang Bang'
By Elizabeth Yun Posted Apr 22nd 2011 06:29PM
The lens gets turned on these brave, and arguably a little crazy, photojournalists -- particularly four notorious ones who documented the violence following the end of apartheid in South Africa -- in Steven Silver's 'The Bang Bang Club.' The Bang Bang Club, as Kevin Carter (Taylor Kitsch), Greg Marinovich (Ryan Phillippe), Ken Oosterbroek (Frank Rautenbach) and Joao Silva (Neels Van Jaarsveld) came to be known, were a motley crew of fearless photographers in the '90s whose images shocked the world.
PopEater caught up with Silver and stars Phillippe, Kitsch and Malin Akerman to talk about whether they have what it takes to be part of a real Bang Bang Club at the Tribeca Film Festival premiere in New York City.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'We haven't found it yet': 'Airplane Repo' star's escaped King Cobra at large
- Video resurfaces of Jared Fogle commenting on 'To Catch a Predator'
- Johnny Depp shines in gritty gangster tale 'Black Mass'
- From Fresh to Decrepit: An Evolution of 'Walking Dead' Zombies
- Next Gen Directors: 10 Wunderkinds Everyone in Town Is Watching
- Kate Gosselin Responds to Justin Bieber's Look-Alike Haircut
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Chris Evans Reveals His Soft Spot For Romance Movies (EXCLUSIVE)
- 'Once Upon a Time' Season 5 Will Reveal [Spoiler's] First Crush
- Stan Lee Reacts to 'Fantastic Four' Flop, Names Chris Evans His Marvel BFF