Royal Wedding Guest List Revealed: Who's Going?
By Christine Fenno Posted Apr 23rd 2011 01:48PM
We now know which lucky VIPs with invitations to Prince William and Kate Middleton's nuptials will be dressed in their finest at Westminster Abbey. Nobody could upstage the bride and groom, of course, but who else will cameras from around the world be angling to catch on April 29?
The palace has just revealed a "selected" list of royals and celebs who are confirmed as wedding guests. Beloved Brits David and Victoria Beckham and Sir Elton John are no surprise, but keep your eyes open for these other famous faces.
Director Guy Ritchie, singer Joss Stone, Olympic swimmer Ian Thorpe and quirky 'Mr. Bean' star Rowan Atkinson are confirmed to attend.
Peruvian-born Mario Testino, the photographer (and Princess Diana favorite) responsible for William and Kate's official engagement photos, will be a guest. So will the chief executive of BAFTA (known by many as the British Oscars -- it turns out Prince William became the president of BAFTA last year!).
As for non-British dignitaries, Prince Albert of Monaco will attend with his fiance, Olympic swimmer Charlene Wittstock (surely taking notes for their upcoming July wedding). Prince Elizabeth of Yugoslavia (second cousin to Prince Charles, mother of actress Catherine Oxenberg and 1397th in line to the British throne) will be a guest, as will royals from Spain, Greece, Tonga, Swaziland, Denmark, Bahrain, Belgium, Morocco, Norway, Abu Dhabi, The Netherlands, Malaysia and Saudi Arabia, among others.
Despite recording a love song for the couple, singer George Michael did not make the guest list.
By the way, guests have been asked to come empty-handed: The couple requests donations to charities in lieu of wedding gifts.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Kate Middleton
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Middleton Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mama June Threatens to Sue TLC for Airing 19 Kids and Counting Amidst Josh Duggar Molestation Allegations
- Entourage's Leading Ladies Dish on Movie's Cameos by Billy Bob Thornton and Jessica Alba
- Lady Gaga Goes White Blonde: Bleach Is "Painful," Takes Advil and Pinot to Cope!
- Country stars who served their country
- Mama June declares '19 Kids and Counting' should be canceled as TLC airs marathon
- Model Nicole Trunfio poses breastfeeding her son on Elle cover
- Jimmy Fallon and Dwayne Johnson's Commencement Speech in 1989 Is the Worst Graduation Speech Ever—Watch!
- Celebs Bring the Funny for Red Nose Day: Gwyneth Paltrow Hangs Out, Robert Pattinson Crashes a Car & More!
- Find Out What Julia Roberts, Hugh Grant, Daniel Craig and More Really Sound Like in This Hilarious Red Nose Day Exposé