'Apprentice' Celeb: Trump Is Serious About Ratings, Not the White House
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 25th 2011 11:06PM
At least one person who has spent a lot of time competing to be Donald Trump's next 'Celebrity Apprentice' warns that no one should be fooled about the seriousness of his run for President in 2012.
"Don't put yourself in a trick bag," a contestant from this year's competition tells me. "This is all made up speculation that's designed to generate ratings."
While my source asked for anonymity for fear of Donald's wrath, other contestants, including Gary Busey, Niki Taylor and LaToya Jackson, have all said they'd vote for him.
Donald says his mind is made up, and his wife, Melania, told me last week that she'll stand by his decision. If he runs, NBC will be left with a very large hole to fill without a Donald-led 'Apprentice.' An executive at the network told the New York Times that all this posturing is just "Donald being Donald" and that they have serious doubts he'll actually run in the Republican primary.
The skeptical contestant echoed NBC's line of thinking, adding that the billionaire is addicted to media coverage and out to bolster ratings for the show.
"He is a genius at getting his name back in the headlines," my source says. "Whether it's picking fights with Martha [Stewart] or Rosie [O'Donnell] we should all have learned by now that this is just what he does."
We won't know until 'Celebrity Apprentice' finishes its run. Until then, expect him to continue questioning the validity of President Obama's birth certificate and picking fights with anyone who dares question him. (Today, it's Robert DeNiro.)
"You watch when the next season of Celebrity Apprentice is announced he will be at it again," the contestant says.
What do you think, will he or won't he?
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jimmy Fallon, James Franco Play 5-Second Movie Summaries Game on Tonight Show: Watch
- Nikki Ferrell Blasts Bachelorette Producers: How Do They Sleep at Night?
- Kendall Jenner, Kylie Jenner Party with Chris Brown, Trey Songz, Cozy up for Picture at House Party
- Do You Smell What He's Cooking? Dwayne Johnson Is A ?Total Sex Pot,' His Co-Star Raves ? Did They Get Close Off Set Too?
- On The Hunt For Baby Bumps! Celebs Show Off Their Pregnancy Styles ? See How They Dress Up Their Biggest Accessory!
- Forklift Fumble ? ?New Year's Eve' Employee Sues For Pain & Suffering After On-Set Accident Leaves Him Injured
- Hot mom or hot mess?
- Sofia Vergara's new man spends time with her family
- 'The Bachelorette' recap: Andi says 'Yes!' in dramatic season finale
- Justin Theroux Tells Chelsea Handler Why He Often Gives Their Mutual Friends Eggs—Watch Now!
- Hilary Duff Plays the Worst Employee of All Time in "Chasing the Sun"—Watch the Music Video Now!
- Teen Wolf Recap: Everybody's Getting Killed And/Or Thrown Down Wells! – Plus, Is [SPOILER!] Dying?