Director: 'The Hangover Part II' Is Nod to 'The Godfather'
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Apr 25th 2011 02:14PM
"There have been very few sequels that have been made that live up to or exceed their first film," Phillips told MTV. "'The Godfather' is the first one."
Although 'going to the mattresses' and 'going to the strip club' may be slightly different in terms of the two masterpiece's plots, according to Phillips, 'The Hangover' sequel will deliver just as 'The Godfather Part II' did. In part, thanks to a smoking monkey.
"There's a monkey in this film that's going to book a lot of parts after this film," he said.
The only problem: the monkey who is set to outshine Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis was taught to smoke for his role, but now cannot get through a scene without taking a smoke break.
And as to whether 'The Hangover' will see the light of a third installment: "I see other movies that have gone to three, or whatever, and you go 'I get why they do it.' It's actually fun to do. We just spend the whole day laughing and trying to make a movie."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- John Stamos helps turn on Xmas lights at Graceland
- Bill Cosby's lawyer criticizes media in statement
- 'Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion's costume up for sale
- CW Reality Chief Kristen Connolly Vadas Exits (Exclusive)
- Bill Cosby Finds Protesters and Supporters at Florida Stand-Up Show
- Why Queen Latifah's Reign in Syndication Is Ending
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Family Review: 5 Things Every Parent Should Know
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Snags Brenton Thwaites, Possibly Javier Bardem
- Meryl Streep Slays 'Stay With Me' in 'Into the Woods' (VIDEO)