Director: 'The Hangover Part II' Is Nod to 'The Godfather'
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Apr 25th 2011 02:14PM
"There have been very few sequels that have been made that live up to or exceed their first film," Phillips told MTV. "'The Godfather' is the first one."
Although 'going to the mattresses' and 'going to the strip club' may be slightly different in terms of the two masterpiece's plots, according to Phillips, 'The Hangover' sequel will deliver just as 'The Godfather Part II' did. In part, thanks to a smoking monkey.
"There's a monkey in this film that's going to book a lot of parts after this film," he said.
The only problem: the monkey who is set to outshine Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis was taught to smoke for his role, but now cannot get through a scene without taking a smoke break.
And as to whether 'The Hangover' will see the light of a third installment: "I see other movies that have gone to three, or whatever, and you go 'I get why they do it.' It's actually fun to do. We just spend the whole day laughing and trying to make a movie."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Heidi Montag steps out after removing breast implants
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled after report Mama June dating sex offender
- Country singer RaeLynn gets surprise visit from military brother
- Mark Pellington to Direct TNT's Cocaine Drama (Exclusive)
- TV Ratings: CBS' 'Thursday Night Football' Run Ends on High Note
- Greg Garcia Sells Coming of Age Comedy to ABC (Exclusive)
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys ?R' Us after ?Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- The 5 most interesting facts about ?Super Smash Bros. for Wii U'
- Keanu Reeves Completely, Totally Loves 'John Wick' (VIDEO)
- Best of Late Night TV: Taylor Swift's New Album and Neil Patrick Harris' Nude Scene (VIDEO)
- Hear Meryl Streep & Anna Kendrick Sing in New 'Into the Woods' Featurette (VIDEO)