Lindsay Lohan Feels She's Being Punished Because She's a Star
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 25th 2011 08:35AM
After returning to Lynwood Correctional Facility on Friday for a five-hour stay before posting bail, Lindsay Lohan has now come to the conclusion that she is being punished simply because she's a celebrity.
"She is being treated differently from everyone else because she is famous," a source close to Lindsay tells me. "We were all in shock when she was forced to return to jail just to make an example out of her. It's not right. Especially when she is working so hard to live a healthy life."
On Friday, a judge ruled that Lindsay, who has been accused of stealing a necklace, was in violation of probation. After five hours in jail, she posted bail and will remain free pending an appeal.
"She is innocent and can't understand what is going on," my source tells me. "She didn't steal any necklace and will be found innocent. It's obvious this is only happening because she is famous and anyone that thinks celebrities get away with stuff or let off will think again after seeing this."
However, Dan Abrams, ABC News legal analyst and founder of Mediaite.com, disagrees.
"I know it's hard for some to believe, but Lindsay Lohan is basically being treated the same way any DUI, probation violating, accused small-time thief would be treated by the L.A. judicial system."
What do you think?
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
Lindsay Lohan arriving at court with her lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley in Los Angeles April 22, 2011 X17online.com
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bruce Willis laments sudden end to action-thriller 'Wake'
- Who may replace Kelly Osbourne on 'Fashion Police?'
- Zelda Williams makes emotional speech at Noble Awards about her dad Robin Williams
- 'SNL': Dakota Johnson Mocks 'Fifty Shades,' Pays Tribute to Leonard Nimoy (Video)
- Richard Bakalyan, Tough Guy Character Actor and a Cop in 'Chinatown,' Dies at 84
- 'SNL': Rudy Giuliani Becomes Birdman in Cold Open
- 'Supergirl' Snags Dean Cain & Helen Slater For 'Mystery Roles'
- Check Out Two New Clips From 'Game of Thrones' (VIDEO)
- 'Boardwalk Empire's Jack Huston Could Be Our New 'Crow'