Martha Stewart Meets First Lady, Gets Invite to White House Garden
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 25th 2011 03:03PM
EXCLUSIVE: Martha Stewart is bringing out the big guns for a big Mother's Day special on the Hallmark Channel, with an appearance from First Lady Michelle Obama! "I'd been dying to meet her," the domestic diva told me on the set of 'The Martha Stewart Show' this week.
Joining the First Lady will be the Second Lady, Dr. Jill Biden. So many powerful women in one place! "I don't think any of us were nervous," Martha told me. "We are all professionals."
"I'm gonna go down and see the (White House) garden, because she finally invited me!" she said. "I'm so excited. You know, I love that White House."
While she's there, Martha vows to help out with any gardening tips or tasks that arise. "If she has any problems or challenges in the garden, I'm sure I can help her with those."
You're in good hands, Mrs. Obama!
Martha is no doubt a busy lady, but you have to make time for the White House. The same can't be said about another invitation she's received: to appear on 'Dancing With the Stars.'
"I went to see 'Dancing With the Stars' and was in the audience," she told me. "They did ask me to come, but you know, it takes like four months or something. I don't have four months! I don't!"
Today (April 20) marks the 1,000th episode of 'The Martha Stewart Show' and PopEater was lucky enough to drop by earlier in the week to talk to the Emmy winner about the anniversary and to get a behind-the-scenes look at the show. WATCH:
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Filed under:
- Highbrow -
- Politics -
- TV News -
- Videos -
- Interviews -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Stanley Tucci, Felicity Blunt Welcome Baby Boy Matteo Oliver to "Cold, Cruel World": Read His Funny Statement
- Gavin Rossdale: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
- Ted 2 Trailer Debuts Online, Is Just as Crude and Funny as You'd Expect
- Jennifer Lawrence 'screamed' when she met Kim Kardashian
- Sean Penn: I would consider a marriage to Charlize Theron my first
- Jesse Ventura refuses to see 'American Sniper,' says Chris Kyle is no hero
- Is There Hope For Calzona on Grey's Anatomy? Jessica Capshaw on the Fate of the Fan-Favorite Romance
- Ted 2 Trailer Includes Semen Jokes, Civil Rights for Teddy Bears and So Much More: Watch Now!
- Tara Reid to Lady Gaga: "We Really Want You to Be in Sharknado 3"