Martha Stewart Meets First Lady, Gets Invite to White House Garden
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 25th 2011 03:03PM
EXCLUSIVE: Martha Stewart is bringing out the big guns for a big Mother's Day special on the Hallmark Channel, with an appearance from First Lady Michelle Obama! "I'd been dying to meet her," the domestic diva told me on the set of 'The Martha Stewart Show' this week.
Joining the First Lady will be the Second Lady, Dr. Jill Biden. So many powerful women in one place! "I don't think any of us were nervous," Martha told me. "We are all professionals."
"I'm gonna go down and see the (White House) garden, because she finally invited me!" she said. "I'm so excited. You know, I love that White House."
While she's there, Martha vows to help out with any gardening tips or tasks that arise. "If she has any problems or challenges in the garden, I'm sure I can help her with those."
You're in good hands, Mrs. Obama!
Martha is no doubt a busy lady, but you have to make time for the White House. The same can't be said about another invitation she's received: to appear on 'Dancing With the Stars.'
"I went to see 'Dancing With the Stars' and was in the audience," she told me. "They did ask me to come, but you know, it takes like four months or something. I don't have four months! I don't!"
Today (April 20) marks the 1,000th episode of 'The Martha Stewart Show' and PopEater was lucky enough to drop by earlier in the week to talk to the Emmy winner about the anniversary and to get a behind-the-scenes look at the show. WATCH:
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Filed under:
- Highbrow -
- Politics -
- TV News -
- Videos -
- Interviews -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Susan Sarandon Says She's "Very Excited" About Daughter Eva Amurri's Pregnancy, Reveals What Baby Gift She Already Bought Her
- Christian Bale, Wife Sibi Expecting Second Child
- Shakira's Boyfriend Gerard Pique Doesn't Allow Her to Make Music Videos With Men, "He's Very Territorial"
- Modern Romance For ‘Modern Family’ Star: Eric Stonestreet In Long Distance Romance With Aussie TV Host
- David Hasselhoff reportedly being wooed for 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- Henry Winker calls Kim Kardahian 'charming and warm'
- Khloe Kardashian jokes about having sex with O.J. Simpson