Did Ryan Phillippe Announce His Retirement From Acting?
Because we don't see Ryan Phillippe planning a Joaquin Phoenix-style retirement hoax, it seemed as though he could be serious about taking his final bow on the silver screen.
Phillippe, who is busying touting his flick, 'The Bang Bang Club,' told Page Six that due to his wallflower personality he could no longer handle the pressure of the paparazzi world of fame.
"I think I'm going to end my acting career," he told Page Six. "I'm so introverted. I'm ready to be behind the scenes. I'm 36, but I've been doing this for 20 years."
But now, according to Gossip Cop, Phillippe's rep is saying that his comments were taken out of context and that he is not planning on retiring from acting, but instead is interested in pursuing producing and directing opportunities.
Phillippe did tell Page Six that he's planning on moving from his LA home to New York -- he's already been looking at apartments in the trendy SoHo area.
We wonder what rumored girlfriend, Amanda Seyfried, thinks about Phillippe ditching the west coast. But it sounds like Phillippe is more concerned about what the public thinks of his tabloid scrutinized ways.
"I'm a good guy. I'm not that guy you read about."
But if Phillippe were going to bow out of the business, this may be the opportune moment. 'The Bang Bang Club,' which promises to be a jaw-dropping and heart-pounding look at the world of photojournalism, would at least ensure that he would go out with a bang.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Ryan Phillippe
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Ryan Phillippe Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Bieber struggles with vocabulary: ?I was detrimental to my own career'
- ?True Detective' finale crashes HBO GO
- 'Private Lives of Nashville Wives' star Cassie Chapman pro open adoption
- SXSW: Late-Night Hosts Go Head to Head in Austin
- ESPN Creates New Unit for FiveThirtyEight, Grantland and ESPN Films (Exclusive)
- Producer Robert Simonds Partners With TPG, China's Hony Capital for New Studio Venture
- Box Office: What's the Secret to 'The Grand Budapest Hotel's Grand Success?
- Weekend Box Office: '300: Rise of An Empire' Marches to Number One
- 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' Cast: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)