How Kirstie Alley Will Make More Money Than Any 'Dancing' Star
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 26th 2011 10:30PM
As long as they're still standing and not voted off, all the celebs on 'Dancing With the Stars' make the same amount each week (the winner makes most, naturally), so when it comes to extracurricular earning, insiders tell me Kirstie Alley is poised to profit most from this experience.
"The weight loss business is worth hundreds of millions of dollars," a friend of Kirstie's tells me. "She has already lost 70 lbs dancing and hasn't wasted one minute to capitalize on it."
The actress, who recently launched her Organic Liaison Weight Loss System, appeared on QVC a few days ago and sold out in less than 15 minutes. And she's just getting started.
"Kirstie is no fool," the pal tells me. "She used her over 800,000 Twitter followers to make sure they tuned in and bought her product and has no plans of stopping any time soon."
"I will be on QVC this Saturday morning around 10:30 ... presenting my Organic Liaison products ... I've lost 70 lbs on them!! Woo hoo," Kirstie tweeted before arriving at QVC. Moments before her appearance, she tweeted, "Go on QVC in approx FIVE minutes ... woo hoo ... Get lean with me!!!..... Together we can do this and stay lean forever!!"
Many celebrity competitors have used the heightened profile they get from being on 'Dancing' to endorse products or book personal appearances, but observers in the industry believe Kirstie is taking it to a new level.
"She's creating a brand of product that can be sold around the world 24/7," a QVC insider tells me. "It's like what Joan Rivers did with her jewelry collection."
Looks like the former 'Cheers' actress will be dancing all the way to the bank!
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Weight -
- Celebrity Style -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Kirstie Alley
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kirstie Alley Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Stacy Keibler Gives Birth, Jessica Simpson's Killer Legs: Top 5 Friday Stories
- Christmas Jammies Family Makes Back-to-School "Baby Got Class" Parody: Watch Now!
- Chris Burke Reflects on Corky Character, Life Goes On, Down Syndrome on Upcoming Oprah: Where Are They Now? Episode
- Are You Ready For This? Sam Smith, Beyonce, Usher & Rita Ora Stun In VMA Rehearsals ? Sneak Peek Photo Special
- Outrage Over Woman Whose Dog Ate Marijuana ? PETA Calls It ‘A Stupid Thing’ To Do, Warns Of Potential Prosecution For Animal Abuse
- Is Cameron Diaz ready to marry rocker Benji Madden?
- Boa Constrictor bites Nicki Minaj's backup dancer
- Lennon's killer, Mark David Chapman denied parole
- Modern Family's Julie Bowen Remembers the Time Her Kid Threw Up on Her Emmys Dress (No Joke!)
- Kim Kardashian Ignores Buttons, Lets Cleavage Bust Out on Trip to San Diego—and See North Feed a Giraffe at the Zoo: Cute Pics!
- Britney Spears' Woody Woodpecker Impression Is Spot On—Watch Her Hilarious Video!