Aflac Reveals Gilbert Gottfried's Replacement in New Ad
By Kelly Fisher Posted Apr 27th 2011 08:20AM
According to E! Online, 36-year-old sales manager and father of three Daniel McKeague is the new voice behind the "spokesduck" for Alfac.
The company held a nationwide search earlier this year and McKeague, who lives in Minnesota, beat out 12,500 others hoping to quack their way onto TV. The new commercial premiered, fittingly, during NBC's 'The Voice.'
Alfac famously fired actor Gilbert Gottfried, who voiced the duck for the past 11 years, in March after he sent some not-so-funny tweets trying to make light of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami disasters.
"Gilbert's recent comments about the crisis in Japan were lacking in humor and certainly do not represent the thoughts and feelings of anyone at Aflac," Aflac Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer Michael Zuna said in a statement at the time. "There is no place for anything but compassion and concern during these difficult times."
The company decided to hold a nationwide search to find a new voice for the duck, with a "silent movie" ad featuring a voice-less duck calling for submissions to fill the spot.
"Help me express myself by applying for a job as my new voice. Must be: caring, helpful, charming," the ad read.
Looks like McKeague fit the bill -- the duck bill, that is.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jill Duggar Pregnant: 19 Kids and Counting Star Expecting First Child with Derick Dillard
- Vanessa Hudgens Looks Unrecognizable, Shows Off Her Abs on Flaunt Magazine Cover
- Nicki Minaj Drops Wild New "Anaconda" Music Video With Drake (NSFW): Watch
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Lindsay Lohan's credit card declined during big night out, report says
- Emmys promo spoofs ?Pawn Stars'
- Kate Upton takes on Ice Bucket challenge with rumored boyfriend Justin Verlander