Aflac Reveals Gilbert Gottfried's Replacement in New Ad
By Kelly Fisher Posted Apr 27th 2011 08:20AM
According to E! Online, 36-year-old sales manager and father of three Daniel McKeague is the new voice behind the "spokesduck" for Alfac.
The company held a nationwide search earlier this year and McKeague, who lives in Minnesota, beat out 12,500 others hoping to quack their way onto TV. The new commercial premiered, fittingly, during NBC's 'The Voice.'
Alfac famously fired actor Gilbert Gottfried, who voiced the duck for the past 11 years, in March after he sent some not-so-funny tweets trying to make light of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami disasters.
"Gilbert's recent comments about the crisis in Japan were lacking in humor and certainly do not represent the thoughts and feelings of anyone at Aflac," Aflac Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer Michael Zuna said in a statement at the time. "There is no place for anything but compassion and concern during these difficult times."
The company decided to hold a nationwide search to find a new voice for the duck, with a "silent movie" ad featuring a voice-less duck calling for submissions to fill the spot.
"Help me express myself by applying for a job as my new voice. Must be: caring, helpful, charming," the ad read.
Looks like McKeague fit the bill -- the duck bill, that is.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kate Middleton, Prince William Warm Hearts During Visit In Australia Meeting Bush Fire Victims, Girl Guides
- Tom Cruise Secretly Dating Fellow Scientologist Laura Prepon: Report
- Chelsea Handler Says She "Would Never Go to CBS" on the Ellen DeGeneres Show
- Desperate Housewife: Tamra Barney Says She's Lost Her Strength, Links To Photo Talking About ?Wanting To Die'
- Tom Cruise and Laura Prepon dating, report says
- Kate Mara says her parents have come to terms with her and sister's raunchy scenes
- 'The Munsters' star Butch Patrick looks to save haunted mansion