Video: Former 'Idol' Contestant Frenchie Davis Auditions on 'The Voice'
By AOL TV Editors Posted Apr 27th 2011 05:00AM
That didn't sit well with 'Idol's family-friendly image. Now, eight years later Davis returned to a new singing competition series, 'The Voice'.
In this premiere episode, it's the Blind Auditions. This means the coaches can't see who's singing and have to decide whether or not they want to work with them toward winning the show based on their voice alone.
This almost proved a double-edged sword for Davis as being recognized might have helped her get more support from the coaches.
We weren't sold on her selection of Katy Perry's 'I Kissed a Girl.' With the power of Davis' voice, this was a poor showcase of her ability, and as the song lingered and none of the judges were picking her, at which point their chairs would turn around revealing who was singing, you could see that Davis was worried.
But then euphoria as Christina Aguilera hit her button late in the song. Aguilera was the only one to choose Davis, but as soon as all the chairs were turned, it was Cee Lo Green who recognized her.
"What up, Frenchie?" he said with a smile.
"You know who I am?" she replied, perhaps even more shocked and overjoyed than having been chosen by Aguilera to continue in the competition.
"At first I felt like it was a little bit shaky, but you really found your way as it continued, and I liked it," Aguilera said.
Watch the full episode here:
Get more at TV Squad >>
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Cee Lo Green
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Cee Lo Green Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chinese Woman Spends Entire Week at KFC After Getting Dumped By Boyfriend, Says She "Needed Time to Think"
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Cancelled After Sex Offender Reports; Tori Spelling Reflects From Hospital Bed: Top 5 Stories
- Casper Smart: It's "Hard" Being Looked at as Only Jennifer Lopez's Ex-Boyfriend
- ?I'm Hurt' ? Anna Shannon Confirms She Was Victim Of Mama June's Child Molester Boyfriend, Says Relationship With Mother ?Over'
- Remains Found In Virginia Confirmed To Be Those Of Hannah Graham
- Toxic Love? Marysville School Shooter & Girlfriend Had Relationship Turmoil Before Killings ? Read The Bitter Tweets
- Paris Hilton slammed by world famous DJ
- J.K. Rowling writes backstory for Potter character
- NBCUniversal settles lawsuit with unpaid interns for $6.4 million
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine
- Neil Patrick Harris Spills His Oscar Prep and Gets Fascinated by Jason Kennedy's Magic Trick—Watch Now!