Video: Former 'Idol' Contestant Frenchie Davis Auditions on 'The Voice'
By AOL TV Editors Posted Apr 27th 2011 05:00AM
That didn't sit well with 'Idol's family-friendly image. Now, eight years later Davis returned to a new singing competition series, 'The Voice'.
In this premiere episode, it's the Blind Auditions. This means the coaches can't see who's singing and have to decide whether or not they want to work with them toward winning the show based on their voice alone.
This almost proved a double-edged sword for Davis as being recognized might have helped her get more support from the coaches.
We weren't sold on her selection of Katy Perry's 'I Kissed a Girl.' With the power of Davis' voice, this was a poor showcase of her ability, and as the song lingered and none of the judges were picking her, at which point their chairs would turn around revealing who was singing, you could see that Davis was worried.
But then euphoria as Christina Aguilera hit her button late in the song. Aguilera was the only one to choose Davis, but as soon as all the chairs were turned, it was Cee Lo Green who recognized her.
"What up, Frenchie?" he said with a smile.
"You know who I am?" she replied, perhaps even more shocked and overjoyed than having been chosen by Aguilera to continue in the competition.
"At first I felt like it was a little bit shaky, but you really found your way as it continued, and I liked it," Aguilera said.
Watch the full episode here:
Get more at TV Squad >>
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Cee Lo Green
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Cee Lo Green Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lindsay Lohan Tells Jimmy Fallon She Has a "Really Strong Bond" With Oprah Winfrey
- Isaiah Washington Is Returning to Grey's Anatomy After 2007 Firing, Homophobic Slur Scandal
- Emily VanCamp Talks Dating Revenge Costar Josh Bowman: We "Keep It All Very Separate"
- Naomi Campbell: Brandi Glanville’s Behavior In Feud With Lisa Vanderpump ‘Pathetic,’ Mama Joyce ‘Has Way Overstepped Her Bounds’
- Couples Therapy Finale: Taylor Armstrong’s Fianc
- Bob Costas didn't get pink eye from bad Botox, NBC insists
- Miley Cyrus blasts Katy Perry over kiss diss
- Isaiah Washington returning to ?Grey's Anatomy' seven years after controversial departure