Report: Wynonna Judd's Teen Daughter Disappeared
"Wynonna has had problems with Grace," a source tells Star. "But she never expected anything like this. Grace just disappeared as she was traveling by plane -- with a stop -- back home."
The incident occurred earlier in 2011. The mag says Wynonna was "frantic" and "badly shaken."
"Grace was missing for days," the insider says. "Every second was like agony for her family. Her plane had a stopover, and that's where she apparently got off and disappeared. In many ways, she's a pretty resourceful kid -- but that didn't make anyone feel any better."
Judd's manager did not refute the story to Star, giving a straightforward "no comment."
Police -- and, reportedly, the FBI -- became involved quickly and Grace was located. "Wynonna was unbelievably upset, and now she wants to make sure nothing like this can ever happen again," says the source. "The important thing is that law enforcement found her and she's okay."
Notably, the upcoming article will contain the line, "Star is withholding several details of the minor's ordeal."
"It was a harrowing scenario for Wynonna and fortunately her daughter was found and is safe," says new Star editor-in-chief David Perel, who until recently was founder and managing editor of RadarOnline.com. "Star has all of the exclusive details in the new issue." The magazine will hit newsstands Friday.
► Naomi Judd Reveals She's Also a Victim of Sexual Abuse
► Ashley Judd's Shocking Memoir Reveals Past Filled With Abuse
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Filed under:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Dancing with the Stars:' Maksim Chmerkovskiy won't return as a dancer
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' promotional tweet criticized for 9/11 resemblance
- 'Deadliest Catch's' Keith Colburn: Washington politics hurt my business
- Orlando Bloom Confronts Justin Bieber, Bieber Baits Bloom About Miranda Kerr: Report
- Kim Kardashian Stands up for Brother Rob Kardashian, Slams Adrienne Bailon for "Kicking Him When He Is Down"
- Bachelorette Andi Dorfman, New Fiance Josh Murray Talk Wedding Plans; Read Nick Viall's Emotional Letter to Andi: Top 5 Tuesday Stories