Report: Wynonna Judd's Teen Daughter Disappeared
"Wynonna has had problems with Grace," a source tells Star. "But she never expected anything like this. Grace just disappeared as she was traveling by plane -- with a stop -- back home."
The incident occurred earlier in 2011. The mag says Wynonna was "frantic" and "badly shaken."
"Grace was missing for days," the insider says. "Every second was like agony for her family. Her plane had a stopover, and that's where she apparently got off and disappeared. In many ways, she's a pretty resourceful kid -- but that didn't make anyone feel any better."
Judd's manager did not refute the story to Star, giving a straightforward "no comment."
Police -- and, reportedly, the FBI -- became involved quickly and Grace was located. "Wynonna was unbelievably upset, and now she wants to make sure nothing like this can ever happen again," says the source. "The important thing is that law enforcement found her and she's okay."
Notably, the upcoming article will contain the line, "Star is withholding several details of the minor's ordeal."
"It was a harrowing scenario for Wynonna and fortunately her daughter was found and is safe," says new Star editor-in-chief David Perel, who until recently was founder and managing editor of RadarOnline.com. "Star has all of the exclusive details in the new issue." The magazine will hit newsstands Friday.
► Naomi Judd Reveals She's Also a Victim of Sexual Abuse
► Ashley Judd's Shocking Memoir Reveals Past Filled With Abuse
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Filed under:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- MTV prepared for Miley Cyrus, will air VMAs on a delay
- 1st African-American actor to play Jean Valjean on Broadway dies
- ‘The Good Wife's' Christine Baranski talks Emmys, season 7 excitement
- Miley Cyrus Wears Fruit-and-Veggie Jumpsuit, Meets Baddie Winkle Before MTV VMAs
- Taylor Swift and Avril Lavigne Perform "Complicated" Together in San Diego After Twitter Misunderstanding
- Dancing With the Stars Alum Amy Purdy Gets Married on "Unbelievably Magical Night"