Get to Know Pippa Middleton, Kate's Party Planning Maid of Honor
By Nicki Gostin Posted Apr 28th 2011 02:45PM
The 27-year-old, who will serve as the chief maid of honor at her sister's wedding on Friday, had paparazzi clamoring for her snap at the engagement party of Richard Branson's daughter Holly last week in London -- and she happily obliged. She already looks like a seasoned pro preening in front of the cameras.
Pippa, which is short for Philippa, works as a party planner three days a week at a company called Table Talk and two days a week editing an online magazine called The Party Time, which is an off-shoot of her parents' successful party supply company, Party Pieces.
As of Monday, Party Times was encouraging customers to purchase bunting (streamers) for Royal Wedding Street parties but it was taken down after accusations of opportunism. She has given one interview to publicize the site but another one was canceled at the last minute. Apparently big sister Kate nixed it.
She has taken the last two weeks off work to organize a post-nuptial bash for 300 at the Palace. Apparently she angered Royal officials by ordering in mirrored disco balls for the breakfast/disco event. According to the Daily Mail the Queen's minions were not overly impressed with transforming Buckingham Palace into a glittery 80's style nightclub but Prince William stepped in and overruled saying he wanted something different from the parties being thrown by his grand-mother which will be a formal champagne and canape reception immediately following the I-do's.
While big sister Kate has been involved with Prince William for years, Pippa has quickly become one of England's most eligible bachelorettes. In 2008, Tatler magazine named her the number one society singleton. Last December she started dating city financier and former professional cricketer, Alex Loudon who is an old friend of Prince William's and will reportedly be Pippa's date for the big day.
She is said to have honed her party planning skills as a student at the University of Edinburgh where she arranged after-dinner activities at posh house parties for other students who were 'bright young things,' i.e. either titled or wealthy.
Currently living in a flat in Chelsea that her parents purchased with her brother James. Both of the Middleton siblings are not the shy and retiring type. Photos of Pippa clad in a dress constructed out of toilet paper and photos of little brother James clad in well, a dress circulated the web but have been discreetly pulled down in advance of their big sister's wedding day.
Somehow we get the feeling we're going to be seeing lots more of Princess Kate's lil' sis.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Bachelor Women Tell All Recap: Kaitlyn Confronts Chris Soules, Britt Blames Carly for Elimination
- Taran Killam, Whoopi Goldberg Defend Saturday Night Live's ISIS Sketch With Dakota Johnson
- Miranda Lambert Gets Matching Tattoo With Tour Mates RaeLynn and Gwen Sebastian -- See Her New Ink Here!
- Shia LaBeouf's gritty new look includes a rattail and eyebrown piercing
- Suge Knight taken to hospital for 3rd time after he fired lawyers
- Bill Murray and Rick Ross hit studio together
- The Bachelor Women Told All Tonight, and We Fell In Love In A Way We Never Expected
- Amber Portwood Is Engaged to Boyfriend Matt Baier: ''I Never Thought I Could Find Another Man That Could Make Me Feel Love Again''
- Kelly Clarkson Doesn't Worry If Daughter River Rose Is a Lesbian: "As Long As She's Happy, I Don't Care"