Source: Sarah Ferguson Told to 'Disappear' on Royal Wedding Day
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 28th 2011 11:46AM
It's bad enough that Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York, did not receive an invite to the Royal wedding, but now to add insult to injury the Royal black sheep has been asked to keep a low profile on the very special day.
"The last thing the family wants is a picture of Sarah in a bikini on a beach popping up the day of the wedding or even worst mopping around by herself while everyone else is celebrating," a friend of Sarah's tells me. "They have basically told her to disappear and not be any distraction to the big day."
Sarah, whose most recent scandal involved being caught trying to sell media access to her ex-husband, Prince Andrew, has been busy working on a new show, 'Finding Sarah,' for Oprah's OWN channel. But despite her hard work, the Royals have made it clear they are in no mood to forgive.
"Not inviting Sarah to the wedding is such a big mistake," the confidante tells me. "What's going to happen in a few years when her daughters get married? Are they going to try and ban their mother from attending their wedding because the Queen will be attending?"
Sarah is the first to admit she's made a big mistake and my insider observes that "if a wedding isn't a time for a family to set aside past problems and come together, then I don't know what is."
For your complete coverage of the Royal Wedding, tune into TLC on Friday at 5 AM when I will be Emcee of the nation's biggest viewing party live from Times Square! TLC will be airing the wedding live and have lots of surprises including three live weddings and a very special performance by Grammy-winning, multi-platinum singer Colbie Caillat.
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Zoe Saldana, Kristen Bell Proudly Flaunt Baby Bumps On Red Carpets in Elegant Gowns: See the Glowing Stars
- Zoe Saldana Confirms That She's Expecting Twins With Marco Perego
- Khloe Kardashian Jokes That She and Brother Rob Kardashian Are Incestuous
- Lecrae: I put faith in hip-hop
- 'Crotch grab challenge' starting to go viral with celebrities
- Hollywood's rush to 'the rapture'
- Maggie's Grey's Anatomy Secret Won't Stay Hidden for Long! Kelly McCreary Gives the Scoop
- Parenthood's Upcoming Death: "We're All Afraid of it," Monica Potter Admits
- Gone Girl Review Roundup: Critics (Mostly) Like Ben Affleck Thriller, But Is it "Misogynistic"?