Report: Chuck Lorre Preparing Charlie Sheen-less 'Two and a Half Men' Reboot
By AOL TV Editors Posted Apr 28th 2011 04:05PM
A 'Two and a Half Men' without Charlie Sheen is one step closer to reality.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, 'Men' creator Chuck Lorre is working on a reboot of the popular CBS sitcom. Sheen would have no role in the new show, but costar Jon Cryer would.
Cryer has reportedly been presented with the plan, which would focus on his character, Alan, and a new character who has yet to be cast. Lorre is said to have presented the idea to a few other Hollywood players, and the network and studio are aware of his intention to overhaul the series.
No actor has emerged as a frontrunner to replace Sheen after reports of Rob Lowe and John Stamos were shot down. The network has yet to schedule the return of 'Two and a Half Men,' but reports indicate CBS could be eying a mid-season launch.
Sheen was fired from the popular series in March after a series of very bizarre public antics and interviews which have culminated in Sheen's cross-country tour, 'Charlie Sheen Live: My Violent Torpedo of Truth.' Depending on the location, Sheen has had bad luck with crowds on the tour.
Sheen and Warner Bros. TV are in litigation, with Sheen suing for $100 million and to get his job back.
Written by Chris Harnick at TV Squad.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Lopez Drops "Booty" Remix, Sexy Cover Art With Iggy Azalea: Listen!
- Drake, Nicki Minaj Shop at Convenience Store, He Treats Her to Snacks: Watch
- Rachel Bilson Goes Camping With Hayden Christensen for Her 33rd Birthday: New Bump Pictures
- Kourtney Kardashian Asking Booze-Drenched Scott Disick To Enter Rehab After Recent Tumble Off The Wagon
- Chris Martin & Coldplay Going On Tour ? Girlfriend Jennifer Lawrence Joining
- 'Sons of Guns' canceled after star Will Hayden arrested for allegedly repeatedly raping minor
- Farrah Abraham: MTV made a big mistake by firing me from 'Teen Mom' reunion
- Jennifer Aniston: I don't need to have kids