Lisa Rinna Likes the Sound of 'Live With Kelly & Lisa'
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 29th 2011 03:30PM
Ten years ago when Kathie Lee Gifford left Regis Philbin, it came down to two ladies -- Kelly Ripa and Lisa Rinna -- to replace her. We all know how that turned out, but could Lisa finally be getting her chance to co-host the show?
"I love that show. I love Regis, I love him. I love sitting there. You know I was up for that gig ten years ago," Lisa told me when she sat down to dish on my HDNet show. "Kelly, she of course should have gotten the role, but every time I sit down with Regis he says it could have been yours. Ten years later, he said it again today."
Lisa recently returned to co-host the show while Kelly was on vacation and thinks it might be a good idea to fill the legend's seat with a woman.
Talking of working with other women, Lisa told me that although her time on the 'Celebrity Apprentice' was brief, it was nevertheless unforgettable.
"It got brutal. I did get out with my life though. I did survive, it got close. Just ..." Lisa laughed before revealing she thinks she would have lasted much longer if she had been on the boy's team.
"I am just saying, most girls were out for me. Mr. Trump asked us in the beginning, who do you think is your biggest threat, and of course everyone said Star Jones or Richard Hatch. I said John Rich. Why? Because there is something about John Rich, he is very strong. Those country guys have fans and they just know how to do it and there is just something about him and I had gotten to know him."
For my complete interview with Lisa and also controversial comedian Gilbert Gottfried, tune into 'Naughty But Nice' exclusively on HDNet at 1:00 PM and 7:00 PM on Saturday.
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- TV News -
- Videos -
- Interviews -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Karen O Is Pregnant! Yeah Yeah Yeahs Singer Expecting First Child With Husband Barnaby Clay
- Catelynn Lowell, Tyler Baltierra Clash With Carly's Adoptive Parents: Watch the Teen Mom OG Sneak Peek Clip!
- Shakira Cheers on Boyfriend Gerard Pique With Sons Milan, Sasha: Adorable Pictures!
- 'Furious 7' tops box office for third straight week
- Ringo Starr inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Bobby Flay reportedly had an affair that ruined his marriage to Stephanie March