Hat Trick: How Fergie Got Last Laugh at Wedding
By Rob Shuter Posted May 3rd 2011 09:16AM
Even though The Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson, was not invited to attend the Royal Wedding on Friday, she had the last laugh when her bold daughters Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie turned up in those ridiculous and show-stopping hats.
"I'm sure Sarah helped pick out those hats," a close friend of Fergie's tells me. "The one thing Sarah hates more than anything is being ignored and this was her way of saying f-you to the family who would rather pretend she doesn't exist."
Beatrice's intricate bow-like hat raised eyebrows from the second she stepped out of her car at Westminster Abby, while her younger sister's royal blue fashion statement included purple flowers and large white feathers.
Reviews were pretty consistently bad for the hats. The Daily Mail called their fascinators "ludicrous" and "flops" and Tori Spelling told E! that "they looked a little crazytown."
There's even a blog for goofing on B's hat, aptly named Princess Beatrice and Her Hat.
"There is a lot of competition within the family to out-dress each other," my insider tells me. "And nothing draws more attention to you than an elaborate hat. I guarantee you that a lot of time, thought and money went into selecting these works of art. Nothing happens by chance in that family!"
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 50 Cent Surprises Chelsea Handler During Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston, Mary McCormack Intervention
- Andrew Garfield Has Full-On Mountain Man Beard in Venice, Still Looks Hot
- Prince Harry, New Girlfriend Camilla Thurlow Take Romantic Saint-Tropez Cruise
- Shooting Range Instructor Dead, After Uzi Fired By 9-Year-Old Pupil Goes Astray
- Life Behind Bars: Miranda & Elytte Barbour Evade Death Penalty, But Will Spend Life Behind Bars In Murder Of Man Solicited Off Craigslist
- Taylor Swift Just Realized She’s a Feminist Thanks to Lena Dunham
- Natalie Wood's sister claims to know actress' killer
- Neil Young files for divorce after almost 37 years of marriage
- Chris Soules chosen as season 19's 'Bachelor'
- Stephen Colbert Changes Show Name to "Colbore" After Gwen Stefani's Emmys Flub (LOL!)
- Victoria Justice Does Her Best Nicki Minaj Impression to "Anaconda"—Watch the Hilarious Video!
- Teen Mom 2's Jenelle Evans Flaunts Slim Post-Baby Body in Tiny Skirt, Plunging Top—See the Pics!