Hat Trick: How Fergie Got Last Laugh at Wedding
By Rob Shuter Posted May 3rd 2011 09:16AM
Even though The Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson, was not invited to attend the Royal Wedding on Friday, she had the last laugh when her bold daughters Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie turned up in those ridiculous and show-stopping hats.
"I'm sure Sarah helped pick out those hats," a close friend of Fergie's tells me. "The one thing Sarah hates more than anything is being ignored and this was her way of saying f-you to the family who would rather pretend she doesn't exist."
Beatrice's intricate bow-like hat raised eyebrows from the second she stepped out of her car at Westminster Abby, while her younger sister's royal blue fashion statement included purple flowers and large white feathers.
Reviews were pretty consistently bad for the hats. The Daily Mail called their fascinators "ludicrous" and "flops" and Tori Spelling told E! that "they looked a little crazytown."
There's even a blog for goofing on B's hat, aptly named Princess Beatrice and Her Hat.
"There is a lot of competition within the family to out-dress each other," my insider tells me. "And nothing draws more attention to you than an elaborate hat. I guarantee you that a lot of time, thought and money went into selecting these works of art. Nothing happens by chance in that family!"
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Reese Witherspoon Blames Ryan Phillippe Divorce Trauma For Career Blunders, Slump
- Justin Timberlake Sings "Friends in Low Places" With Garth Brooks in Spirited Performance: Watch
- Angelina Jolie Calls Marriage to Brad Pitt "Hard Work"
- Heidi Klum ads showed too much skin for Las Vegas?
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 2014: The year tech turned on Hollywood
- Sofía Vergara and Joe Manganiello Enjoy Romantic Holiday Vacation in Hawaii (and Of Course They Look Perfect)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Pre-Christmas Vacation Looks Like a Dream—Take a Look!
- Watch This Fan-Made Trailer for a DC vs. Marvel Movie and Weep Because It'll Probably Never Happen