Actress Yvette Vickers' Mummified Body Found in Her Home
By Christo Varghese Posted May 3rd 2011 03:20AM
Vickers was best known for her bit roles in B-movies of the 1950's like 'Attack of the 50-Foot Woman' and was the Playboy Playmate in July 1959.
The Los Angeles Times is reporting that Vickers, 82, was not seen for a long time and one of her neighbors, actress Susan Savage, went to check on her after noticing old letters and cobwebs in her mailbox.
Savage said, "The letters seemed untouched and were starting to yellow. I just had a bad feeling."
After Savage pushed open a barricaded front gate and scaling a hillside, she entered through a broken window after seeing a shock of blond hair, which turned out to be a wig.
Savage said the inside of the house was in disrepair and it was hard to move between the rooms as boxes containing clothes, junk mail and letters formed barriers.
She eventually found Vickers in a room upstairs and while Savage had known the actress for a long time, she said that the remains were unrecognizable.
"We've all been crying about this. Nobody should be left alone like that," Savage said.
The police have said that the body's mummified state suggests that Vickers could have been dead for close to a year.
The police have also said that while the official cause of death is still to be determined, they do not suspect foul play.
IMDB states that Vickers was divorced twice and she had an on-and-off 15-year relationship with the late actor Jim Hutton, the father of Timothy Hutton.
Recently Departed Celebrities
David Nelson, Jan. 11: An actor who starred alongside his parents and little brother Ricky in the beloved TV series 'The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet,' Nelson died at age 74 after battling complications of colon cancer.
Recently Departed Celebrities
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Queen Elizabeth II Photobombs a Selfie at the Commonwealth Games: See the Amazing Picture
- Erin Heatherton Goes Topless on a Horse, Rides a Horse Bareback for Buffalo David Bitton Campaign With Eric Decker
- Kim Kardashian Calls Khloe Kardashian a "Miserable Person" After Selfies Diss on Keeping Up With the Kardashians
- Longtime Friend Of Hot Car Dad Ross Cooper Confused By Ongoing Events, Prays There's A Reasonable Explanation For It All
- Leonardo DiCaprio and Toni Garrn Enjoy An Afternoon On Their Yacht Off The Coast Of Saint-Tropez France
- Kelsey Grammer And His Wife Kayte Grammer Welcome Their Son Gabriel To The World
- Queen Elizabeth II photobombs young tourists' selfie
- Alec Baldwin appears in NYC court after Shia LaBeouf leaves
- Long lines start early as Comic-Con floor opens and dedicated fans queue up for coveted toys
- The Naked Warwick Rowing Team Is Back! See 7 Stupid Hot Pics of the Completely Nude Hunks
- Shia LaBeouf Arrives in Court After Cabaret Arrest, Actor His Trades Scruffy Appearance for Sharp Suit
- The Vampire Diaries: Julie Plec Previews Life Without Damon and Bonnie in Season 6